Thread: Create DVD

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Create DVD

I was wondering if there was a free programme that works on Linux that would allow me to make a DVD from a video file I have?

I don't mean just creating a Data disc for the Video file but making it so the video file will play on a DVD player.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Create DVD

DeVeDe

It's in the repositories
    Cheesemill

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Smile Re: Create DVD

Install K3b

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

System, Administration, Synaptic Package Manager and enter password
    Search for devede and install it
    Applications, Sound and Video, devede and Create DVD
    Add the file you want. Build a title page if you want and set it to creeate a .iso file.
    It will take minutes to hours to run, depending on your equipment.
    When it is finished, open the file manager and navigte to the directory for your file. Right click on it and burn it to disk.
    There are many, many more options and issues covering subtitles, soundtracks in different languages, but at least this should get you started.
    Good luck.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Thank you so much guys. .

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    sudo apt-get install k3b

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I normally use DeVeDe (i'm a gnome-fiend) but i hear so much hype surrounding k3b that i've just wacked sudo apt-get install k3b into a terminal and i'll see if it lives up to it's fame...
    OMG! Ubuntu!
    Everything Ubuntu. Daily.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by joey-elijah View Post
    I normally use DeVeDe (i'm a gnome-fiend) but i hear so much hype surrounding k3b that i've just wacked sudo apt-get install k3b into a terminal and i'll see if it lives up to it's fame...
    Sure it does! However, I can't really compare since I haven't used anything besides k3b. And it has worked like magic all these years!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by joey-elijah View Post
    IMHO, and I've tried them all; K3b is the most reliable GUI burning application there is -- heck it'll even burn CDA discs from FLAC files on the fly! I'm a gnome user too, but I've consistently had issues with Brasero, and found myself just giving in to carrying the extra KDE libraries for K3b, and for that matter K9Copy too. However, I've found several command line apps that are also fast and reliable, e.g. mkisofs, growisofs, dvdauthor, vamps. etc, etc.

Bill
    Ubuntu 10.04-Server: HP Pavilion: AMD Athlon 3200; 2gb RAM; GeForce4 MX - nForce; 160gb HDD; 1TB eSATA External HDD | Ubuntu 10.04: Dell D600; Intel Pentium M 1600 MHz; 2gb RAM; ATI Radeon 9000 (RV250); 60gb HD | Ubuntu User #24614