Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ample April Screenshots

Beans

Re: Ample April Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by DachaArh View Post
    Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    user defined session: compiz + xfce panel combined with conky...

This looks really great! I like the border on the bottom panels, and how they are broken up. Could you describe how you did that? It's somehow a combination of the xfce panel AND conky...?

Yeah I've never used conky before, I didn't know you could do all that with it.

Beans

Basic Ubuntu 11.10 setup with Faenza icons and MyUnity. I also have Compiz installed and set up, but the wobbly windows doesn't really translate well on a fixed image hahahaha. Opened MyUnity and strategically placed it for those with more prurient tastes .

It works for me .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyKata View Post
    This looks really great! I like the border on the bottom panels, and how they are broken up. Could you describe how you did that? It's somehow a combination of the xfce panel AND conky...?

Yeah I've never used conky before, I didn't know you could do all that with it.
    Hi Thanks to you and to other members who said they like it

That bottom panel is combination of xfce panels and conky.., There are 4 panels and 2 conky..
    First one panel witn menu, places, and 3 launchers, then conky, then panel with 7 launchers, then panel with windows selection, notification area and indicators, then conky with weather, clock and date, and finaly panel with shutdown, shutdown timed script etc..

That background of panel was done by me, and it is image in first conky, all panels are transparent, and so is second conky...
    I have been playing with conky for long time, so this is where I'm now

Beans
    Hidden!

Ditched openbox for something subtle

Clean

Somewhat messy

"All right amatuer hour's over. Let me show you why they call me the Velour Fog...."
    .:GitHub:.|.:Dropbox:.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

yes i'm a nood

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ubuntu
    Window Manager : WMFS
    Wallpaper: A Clockwork Orange

Beans

My first screenshot of the month. I have done a complete wipe and reformat of all my main hard drive's (note: my OS drive) partitions. And I have finally replaced Windows XP with Windows 7. In addition, I ditched Ubuntu 11.04 and have installed 11.10 in its place. I'm far from finished with Ubuntu, as I still have some apps and KDE Plasma and its mods to install. So here is my first screenshot of my Ubuntu 11.10 running GNOME Shell.

Full-size screenshots here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nshotUbu12.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...shotUbu12m.jpg

As you can see, I have at least most of my old Mac OS X look back. I had to look through plenty pf GNOME Shell themes to find the right one that comes close to matching Ubuntu's Radiance theme. I really wish someone would make a Radiance GNOME Shell theme like they have with Ambiance. And I have found a way to get the GNOME Shell Activities menu to show from the AWN Dock using a simple launcher applet. It involved installing xautomation so that I can use key commands in the terminal, which is how simple launchers in GNOME 2, AWN, other docks, Cinnamon, etc work. Then in the launcher properties, I placed this in the Command line:

Code:
    xte 'keydown Alt_L' 'key F1' 'keyup Alt_L'
    And viola... Activities menu activated from an AWN launcher The downside to this, though, is that I highly doubt I can use it in Cinnamon (which I do have installed on my desktop). But I'll have to try it next time I run Cinnamon

Computer: Desktop
    Distro: Ubuntu 11.10
    Desktop Environment: GNOME Shell
    Shell Theme: Radiance Slick (from GNOME-Look.org)
    GTK Theme: Radiance Yellow (from ppa:ravefinity-project/ppa)
    Window Theme: Radiance Yellow (from
    ppa:ravefinity-project/ppa)
    Wallpaper: custom Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword "Skyward Romance" wallpaper
    Icons: Humanity Colors Yellow (from GNOME-Look.org)
    Special Features: AWN with Light theme and "Curved" style ; GNOME Shell Activities launcher in AWN (the Ubuntu logo)
    Don't like Unity? Hate it? Not your cup of coffee? Ubuntu does provide choices. There's GNOME Shell, KDE Plasma, Xfce, LXDE, and now MATE and Cinnamon. Take your pick

Beans

Beans

Did some final touch-ups and installed new theme.

Theme: Mediterranean Night "both gtk3 and metacity"
    Icon: Faenza Ambiance

Both of which are on www.gnome-look.org

Fine tuned my conkys as well.

Showing: Clean desk, dirty desk, applications menu and windows menu.

A lot of people complained about Gnome3 being hard to get around in but the addition to the hot-spot corner around the activities button makes popping over to the windows menu a snap. After turning the minimize button back on and just sticking it in the left corner of metacity I find getting around Gnome3 faster then Gnome2 was..
    Last edited by Bandit; April 7th, 2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by DachaArh View Post
    Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    user defined session: compiz + xfce panel combined with conky...

I can see you've gotten plenty of compliments already, but that's gotta be the desktop of the year! Simple, clean, and very striking...

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast