Thread: Blank Pages

Beans

Blank Pages

So I've installed 11.1 and have a few issues I need some help with...thanks in advance!!!

1. Everything seems to run really slow--eg, it takes 4 seconds to open system settings and I know my machine is old, but not that old...lol.
    2. Software Center is blank
    3. Firefox is also blank when opened
    (these remain blank even after reboot)
    actually everything seems to be blank, even a document, system settings remains ok

Again, thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Blank Pages

Okay, so there goes some questions for you.

1- Should your hardware be able to run Oneiric with a better performance? I mean, is it relatively new?
    2- Are you using Unity, Gnome3, Gnome2?
    3- Did you previously tried an older version of Ubuntu in that machine? Did you get a better performance?

Regards!
    Bad command. Bad, bad command! Sit! Stay! Staaaaay!!!.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Blank Pages

Quote Originally Posted by pkchilly View Post
    1. Everything seems to run really slow--eg, it takes 4 seconds to open system settings and I know my machine is old, but not that old...lol.
    If you don't know the answer to the previous poster's question whether Ubuntu should run, post the specs (CPU, RAM, maybe graphics card) here. That way people will be able to advise you better.

2. Software Center is blank
    3. Firefox is also blank when opened
    So, to exclude the simplest problems first, are you sure that the machine is seeing a functional internet connection? If it isn't, that could explain both of these.
    Michael