Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TUTORIAL - Get Higher FPS with Unity

Beans

Re: TUTORIAL - Get Higher FPS with Unity

Quote Originally Posted by holastickboy View Post
    If you really want a performance boost even higher, installing kde will allow your games to run even better. This is not just my opinion, but it's the results from phoronix benchmarks. In their benchmarks, running without the effects, unity was still a great deal slower than the rest. Great video though, very good for those who don't like kde or xfce.
    I did not like KDE at all, in my opinion. I just do not like the way it looks, but again, my opinion. I think my favorite DE has to be Unity. It is so clean and stable under 12.04 and 12.10.

Going on another topic, I wish Canonical wouldn't make you install SDL by yourself. How about make it pre-installed on the DVD, or help new users who are starting linux how to install SDL.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

Talking Re: TUTORIAL - Get Higher FPS with Unity

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSlam View Post
    I did not like KDE at all, in my opinion. I just do not like the way it looks, but again, my opinion. I think my favorite DE has to be Unity. It is so clean and stable under 12.04 and 12.10.[snip]
    Personally, I've loved using MATE since Mint introduced it. The 1.4 version is nice & stable, it looks and acts just like GNOME 2.x, and it's not a resource hog like Unity.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    Personally, I've loved using MATE since Mint introduced it. The 1.4 version is nice & stable, it looks and acts just like GNOME 2.x, and it's not a resource hog like Unity.
    MATE does look like Gnome 2.x, and I have a weird feeling. Am I the only person on this site that does not like Cinnamon?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Openbox ?? anyone

Beans

I would edit the original post to include the steps. And I just tried this, and WOW. It works wonders. Thank you.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FinalSlam View Post
    MATE does look like Gnome 2.x, and I have a weird feeling. Am I the only person on this site that does not like Cinnamon?
    I hate cinnamon and MATE.
    Steam: ubuntugamer( Add me ) | Gaming: Left 4 Dead 2, Metro Last Light, Assassin's Creed 4, Forced

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dlambert View Post
    I hate cinnamon and MATE.
    lol, I think I tried a crappy version of cinnamon when I hated it. I'm using Cinnamon right now. It is the best DE for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12