Thread: Virtual box question

Beans

Virtual box question

I have a DVD that I got out of a magazine with several distros on a virtual box running on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. Is it possible to install those distros from the virtual box?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Virtual box question

Quote Originally Posted by bgast1 View Post
    I have a DVD that I got out of a magazine with several distros on a virtual box running on Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon. Is it possible to install those distros from the virtual box?
    Do you mean "in" VB?

Beans

Yes. Or if there is another way?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Sure, you can run several. I'm going to install XP for a program that I have to have that apparently won't run in W2K.

There must be people out there who are putting a bunch of different distros to check out for fun.

Beans

Actually, I guess I didn't speak very clearly, by bad. For instance I have 3 hard drives. If I wanted to install say, Mint running within the virtual box onto my second hard drive? Is that possible? I guess I could just try it and see, there really isn't anything on that hard drive.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by bgast1 View Post
    Actually, I guess I didn't speak very clearly, by bad. For instance I have 3 hard drives. If I wanted to install say, Mint running within the virtual box onto my second hard drive? Is that possible? I guess I could just try it and see, there really isn't anything on that hard drive.
    not sure if I get exactly what you mean, but Virtual Box uses virtual drives. it will put your virtual system intro a big file on your disk drive. you can put it anywhere you like. but you won't be able to boot into it, it will only work under Virtual Box.