Thread: OSS have used the openid instead of the user name, creating a new account

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

OSS have used the openid instead of the user name, creating a new account

the email procedure has been respected, but if ive been well identified as dino99 with 9d9 openid, ubuntuforums log me as 9d9 instead of dino99 as it might. Seems a bug to me.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: OSS have used the openid instead of the user name, creating a new account

An other issue here with the "resolution center" only: ive tried to let my comments with an already opened thread, but got denied permission (awesome) where other subforums let me add comments. Needing to open a new thread instead of simply posting comments looks like a non sense.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by 9d9 View Post
    the email procedure has been respected, but if ive been well identified as dino99 with 9d9 openid, ubuntuforums log me as 9d9 instead of dino99 as it might. Seems a bug to me.
    It is not a bug. As is clearly stated both in the notice visible before login and the linked sticky, the preferred email in your Ubuntu One account and the forum account must match. The matching and association takes place on email only. The Ubuntu One name is relevant only for newly created accounts. Usernames do not have to match for old forum accounts.

An other issue here with the "resolution center" only: ive tried to let my comments with an already opened thread, but got denied permission (awesome) where other subforums let me add comments. Needing to open a new thread instead of simply posting comments looks like a non sense.
    It is not a nonsense, neither is it an issue. The Resolution Centre is set up so that people can discuss problems with their account with admins without interference or comment from other members. This is intentional. The permissions are set up so that only the OP and forum staff can post to threads. If people want to discuss general issues about the forum with input from other members they can post in Forum Feedback and Help.

Anyway, to your problem. I have disassociated the 9d9 account from Ubuntu One. Please now reset your preferred email on Ubuntu One to match your dino99 account registered email and log in again. If you've forgotten your dino99 email, leave your Ubuntu One settings, log in again as 9d9 and pm me.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The permissions are set up so that only the OP and forum staff can post to threads.
    Not only that, it is also set up so that people cannot edit a post once it is posted.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well, as written on #1, as i know, the "prefered email" match. So why ubuntuforums use the openid while all other urls continue to use the old username ?
    As i can see, the users list of complaining is growing , meaning there is a problem. They cant be all dreamers i suppose.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Please, set that account back, instead of that new 9d9 one http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=129712

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Please, set that account back, instead of that new 9d9 one http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=129712
    You have to reset your Ubuntu One preferred email to the same as the dino99 account.

I have disassociated the 9d9 account again from Ubuntu One. Please reset your Ubuntu One preferred email to the same as the dino99 account before you log in again.

As I said before:

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat
    If you've forgotten your dino99 email, leave your Ubuntu One settings, log in again as 9d9 and pm me.
    If you've forgotten the email address registered to the dino99 account, we will have to find a way of proving that you are the registrant of the dino99 account. This is for security reasons.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thats a headhache im sure that the mail i provided to login with SSO IS the latest one used (since ages) with ubuntuforums; but i cant remember if ive opened it with that email the first time, then upgraded my profile, as the nameuser/password was needed to log in previously (not the mail address/password). But if you are able to glance at my dino99(~9d9) previous profile, you'll see that the actual email is correct.
    What about trying to login with the possible other email addresses that ive possibly used to open the ubuntuforums the first time ? But i cant imagine you request something else than the latest valid email address inside the profile. (for security reasons, its not good to use the same old email address; so they are destoyed from time to time, as you might understand. So if you need the email used the first time, then its purely madness and really a no sense. Why not simply checking the email given to login with SSO ? Im afraid that what you consider a SSO email security is not compatible with what the users consider their own security; quite childish)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Have you forgotten the forum mail account? We will be able to do absolutely nothing until we have ascertained that fact.

Because it is obvious to us that you are NOT setting login.ubuntu.com to the forum mail address.

We can't do anything until you can deal with that.

You can PM me to talk about that - but if I'm not certain that you are able to get at least close to the forum e-mail address we will not be able to do much.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I have sent an email to the address registered to the dino99 forum account. Please check your inboxes. If you are the registrant of the dino99 account you will be able to retrieve the address and use it on Ubuntu One.

I have disassociated the 9d9 account again.