Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any plans for an official Ubuntu Cinnamon flavor?

Beans

Cool Are there any plans for an official Ubuntu Cinnamon flavor?

Just curious!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Are there any plans for an official Ubuntu Cinnamon flavor?

Not unless you want to start creating it yourself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo View Post
    Not unless you want to start creating it yourself.
    Ah, alas I have not the time to undertake such a project, was just curious if anyone had started a similar project. I imagine it's in low demand since cinnamon is a linux mint invention, and most people wanting it would probably just install regular linux mint for that purpose. Still, now there is ubuntu mate, so I can imagine ubuntu-cinnamon becoming an option in the near future, that is, if someone were to undertake that project

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

so I can imagine ubuntu-cinnamon becoming an option in the near future, that is, if someone were to undertake that project
    which, I beliieve, is what post#2 said

afayq - wish I could - but why whould I

xfce works for me , but wait awhile and 2 or 3 will be along to proselytise I'm sure

Beans
    Hidden!

Well so far removing Unity and installing Cinnamon and getting it to look OK hasn't been a big challenge... I will play a bit more and then post some steps progress on how and what I am up too (please note I am just faffing around in VirtualBox so don't expect to much as I don't )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Elfy View Post

xfce works for me...
    XFCE in Xubuntu and Cinnamon are not all the different.

On my hardware, the biggest difference is that Mint's Cinnamon does not exhibit the video tearing I always see in any implementation of XFCE: Mishapen borders when windows are moved, tremendous rippling effect in Firefox with smooth scrolling enabled, etc. Same behavior on Nvidia with either Nouveau or an Nvidia driver as on Intel Haswell. I'm guessing its the window manager in XFCE since this problem only shows up in XFCE on every distribution I've tried.

Pity. I like XFCE and it allows me to work as I wish, while Cinnamon does not.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    Well so far removing Unity and installing Cinnamon and getting it to look OK hasn't been a big challenge... I will play a bit more and then post some steps progress on how and what I am up too (please note I am just faffing around in VirtualBox so don't expect to much as I don't )
    Sounds good!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It is my understanding that we have a Ubuntu Mate version because one of the Mate developers wanted to do it. So, does anyone know if any of the Cinnamon developers are up for the challenge? Surely, the desire for a Cinnamon flavour of Ubuntu goes beyond installing a Cinnamon desktop and removing the Gnome desktop.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    It is my understanding that we have a Ubuntu Mate version because one of the Mate developers wanted to do it. So, does anyone know if any of the Cinnamon developers are up for the challenge? Surely, the desire for a Cinnamon flavour of Ubuntu goes beyond installing a Cinnamon desktop and removing the Gnome desktop.

Regards.
    Now we're talkin'

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by buzzingrobot View Post
    I'm guessing its the window manager in XFCE since this problem only shows up in XFCE on every distribution I've tried. Pity. I like XFCE and it allows me to work as I wish,
    I haven't, but have you tried using Openbox, instead? Would that do it? Seems one can replace xfwm with openbox, as outlined in this Ubuntu Thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...highlight=Xfwm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast