Thread: Lenovo ThinkPad edge and suspend problem

Beans

Lenovo ThinkPad edge and suspend problem

Hi,

I have Lenovo ThinkPad edge 14 with core-i5 processor and ATI graphics wiht Ubuntu 10.4:
    2.6.32-25-generic-pae #43-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 1 11:17:51 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux

Problem is repeatable, systems goes suspend only 2 succeeding times, third suspend leads always to system hang.
    I searched many discussions around that topic, but nothing helped. I have newest BIOS (3th of Sep).
    I also tested mainline kernel 2.3.35 and 2.3.36. Behavior is different: in both cases suspend stopped working at all (pm_suspend is ignored and nothing happened). I can not see nothing in kern.log (no entries at all after issuing command).

Best regards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gstefan; September 13th, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad edge and suspend problem

Hi gstefan,

Others have reported the same problem (here and here) but no solution has been found yet.

Beans

hey gstefan,

i have a lenovo edge 13" and had a similar problem.
    after second suspend everything stopped working, harddrives were mounted read-only, lots of errors in dmesg.

tried making my own dsdt file, didnt help anything.
    changing sata-mode from ahci to compability in bios did the trick then, maybe this helps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by konni View Post
    hey gstefan,

i have a lenovo edge 13" and had a similar problem.
    after second suspend everything stopped working, harddrives were mounted read-only, lots of errors in dmesg.

tried making my own dsdt file, didnt help anything.
    changing sata-mode from ahci to compability in bios did the trick then, maybe this helps
    IT WORKED, THANK YOU!

But are you serious?? Why put the solution in the last sentence, I am sure it has been overlooked by many since your post gives the feeling that you failed to get it to work!

Anyway thanks again!