Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dreamweaver vs Kompozer?

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Dreamweaver vs Kompozer?

I was wondering is there really anything that Dreamweaver can do that Kompozer can't?
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Dreamweaver vs Kompozer?

Well, Dreamweaver can take a lot more money off you ...

It's been a while since I've used it, but I think the main difference is ease of use. It's got little buttons to include Flash, or graphical ways of making maps of a web page. For me, it didn't do that stuff the way I wanted it to, and I'd wind up editing a text file after all.

If you're at all comfortable editing straight html, I'd say Kompozer is better. Cheaper, less computer overhead, and it doesn't get in your way as much. If bells and whistles are important, though, Dreamweaver is probably the winner.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by quixote View Post
    Well, Dreamweaver can take a lot more money off you ...

It's been a while since I've used it, but I think the main difference is ease of use. It's got little buttons to include Flash, or graphical ways of making maps of a web page. For me, it didn't do that stuff the way I wanted it to, and I'd wind up editing a text file after all.

If you're at all comfortable editing straight html, I'd say Kompozer is better. Cheaper, less computer overhead, and it doesn't get in your way as much. If bells and whistles are important, though, Dreamweaver is probably the winner.
    According to my Visual design for the Web teacher, you can turn off the options that have dreamweaver "attempting" to correct your code.

Beans

I like Dreamweaver CS4 and if you can get it cheap or free (my school resold me the whole suit for like £50 due to the license they use and as long as I am a student I can use it). The problem is I have to boot into Windows to use it when I prefer coding in Ubuntu - it just feels "right" to code in Ubuntu rather than Windows (I can't explain it).
    So Kompozer gets my vote.

Beans

I prefer Aptana Studio over both of them. Cross platform, free, hugely versatile and no ********. If you're a beginner at web design though, Dreamweaver wins out.
    La Dânse Macabre.

~ sandandmercury.net | deviantART profile ~

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I liked the user interface of webpage-maker
    [||||||||||]- 95% Ubuntu User
    [||||||||||]- 5% Windows User

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkaiser View Post
    I liked the user interface of webpage-maker
    I would prefer something with a Linux install. Out of curiosity does it have a CSS editor?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

DreamWeaver works with DreamWeaver templates, that no other app supports. Some clients demand that. Other than that, nothing really special about it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by MasterNetra View Post
    I would prefer something with a Linux install. Out of curiosity does it have a CSS editor?
    I'm not sure if there is...but it says in the main features that You can use CSS style sheet to control how the text appears on your site. (See Examples)

but you can edit it in Kompozer...actually im using Kompozer for editing

[||||||||||]- 95% Ubuntu User
    [||||||||||]- 5% Windows User

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06 Dapper

Both dreamweaver and Kompozer have different attractive features to me. But if you ask me to compare them, I would say Dreamweaver does offer you more features including more flash buttons or more designing activities. But on the other hand if you are on a budget, Kompozer will be better for you. So it depends on what u are specifically looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast