Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't setup my virtualized windows 7 screen to my screen resolution

Beans

Re: Can't setup my virtualized windows 7 screen to my screen resolution

Quote Originally Posted by fakedave View Post
    You won't believe me but I don't have those icons at the bottom right of that vm window. However I do remember seeing them few days back. I wonder if they have not disappeared when I chose the seamless mode.
    Oh, I believe you

When in seamless mode, you should have the menu available in the task bar, like in the screenshot. It is one pixel high when not in use, but mouse over to reveal - as per screenshot.

Would it be a good idea to reinstall? Would i lose my vms?
    You can uninstall Virtualbox, and you won't lose the actual VM.

[qoute]I installed 4.1.18 from the software center because I failed installing the 4.2 from the oracle website.[/QUOTE]

I have never used that method, but guest additions are also in the Software Centre. You could try installing from there.

Beans

brilliant brilliant brilliant !!!
    I could not get the small icons at the bottom of my vm window but I actually found that I could get a menu with Host + Home key.
    It proposed me to install the Windows Guest additions.
    Then it did not go very smooth to have an image in full screen but it eventually worked. It even manages 2 screens but the final target is 4 screens

So I'm gonna work a bit in that configuration to be sure that it works according to my expectations.
    I need to schedule regular backups on the VM to a server. Anyway ...

Thanx a lot for your support, I would not have managed to do it without you!

Last question: would you recommend another virtualization software that virtualbox for professional usage? It can have a reasonable price.
    I used Parallels a lot on my macs and it was good.

Thanx again

=D>=D>

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fakedave View Post
    I could not get the small icons at the bottom of my vm window but I actually found that I could get a menu with Host + Home key.
    Glad to hear you are making progress.

Last question: would you recommend another virtualization software that virtualbox for professional usage? It can have a reasonable price.
    Hmm, my needs are well served by VirtualBox and have been since they were an Innotek company. I have used it in a professional setting with networking in bridged mode, worked flawlessly.

Perhaps others can suggest if there are better solutions.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12