Thread: Windows Live Writer equivalent?

Beans

Windows Live Writer equivalent?

Hi!

Is there a good Windows Live Writer equivalent for Ubuntu, something that would let me post on my wordpress blogs in a more convenient way?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Windows Live Writer equivalent?

Well I'm not sure about any out of the browser software however you could always try Scribefire I use it to post to my blog right from the browser. Others may be able to direct you more.

As a side note I'm going to move this thread to general help it should get a little more attention there.

Angel

OS: Kubuntu 12.04 LTS|| CPU: AMD Athlon 64x2 || RAM: 3GB DDR2(PC-6400) || Display: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT 1024mb

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Angel_D View Post
    Well I'm not sure about any out of the browser software however you could always try Scribefire I use it to post to my blog right from the browser. Others may be able to direct you more.

Angel
    Thank you Angel for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm looking for something that is not browser-based, something that lets me work off-line.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I am not a professional blogger and I use the free wordpress blog account.
    I write my blogs on Evolution and save it as draft. When I am ready to publish it I just send it to my wordpress blog.
    What's great about it is I get confirmation email when it is posted. Really, I don't go to my browser anymore!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by donato roque View Post
    I am not a professional blogger and I use the free wordpress blog account.
    I write my blogs on Evolution and save it as draft. When I am ready to publish it I just send it to my wordpress blog.
    That sounds like a good workaround! I'll report back if it works for me

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You can run Scribefire as a Prism app, and it works more or less like WLW. That's really the only thing I miss in switching to Ubuntu.

Beans

Hello everybody.

I'm a full time blogger (Spanish blgs), and like you I was looking for a WLW alternative but I couldn't find something good. So, I probed: BloGTK in Gnome environment and Blogilo in KDE (this one run in Gnome too, but I had some problems with checkspelling). And if you want to use Blogilo in Gnome you must to add a sqlite database manually.

A second solution I probed was use a localhost server (Wamp) with Wordpress in my hard disk. So, I can write all my post in it and then pass all the HTML to blog site when all is finished.

And third, I'm testing use OpenOffice Writer. I made a template with my clients blogs formating text and when all is finished I copy and paste and the blog sites using the "Word Paste" option in the visual editor of Wordpress.

That's all

Sorry for my English but I'm learning English just for 3 months. If you have found out a better solution please tell me which one is

Best regards.