Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFreak View Post
    My dog eats and drinks a lot of disgusting things. Doesn't mean I should follow her example.
    It was intended as humor ...
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Wink Re: Dropped My Phone in Toilet Last Night

Commiserate! Just to take it a bit further, I spilled a glass of wine over my keyboard. In addition to my wife going nuts (NVTZ
    Greece circa 325BC)it was toast. I completely dismantled it...cutting to the final bit. With the electrolytic properties in wine PLUS its sugar (major electrolyte), I found the "printed" circuit board (plastic film) was actually shorted and burned at a particular junction! I ordered a new one and kept the old for parts...plus learned the lesson! All the best,
    Scott
    First things first, although not necessarily in that order! _____________________________________________
    Gratitude may be the least of virtues, but ingratitude is the wost of vices. (Thank you!)

Beans

update screen comes on but remains blackish/blue with what look like bubbles underneath the screen. am i screwed or should i give it a little longer?
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    update screen comes on but remains blackish/blue with what look like bubbles underneath the screen. am i screwed or should i give it a little longer?
    There's no harm in giving it a little longer.
    That's what she said.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AllRadioisDead View Post
    There's no harm in giving it a little longer.
    true except if i was gonna get a new phone i would have to order it soon to have it ship by the weekend but not in too big of a hurry
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans

true except if i was gonna get a new phone i would have to order it soon to have it ship by the weekend but not in too big of a hurry
    May you find the right pirate to help you out with the wright tuul

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I had a colleague who dropped his phone in the toilet too. After letting it dry during the night, the next day he found out that the phone was still working.

But after that, he could only make sh i tty phone calls

Beans

holy Cow

Beans

phone now boots into android but with a few bubbles or so behind the screen. missing the volume button but i'll deal with it. oh well should feel grateful it's working. give it a few days and should be good. thanks everyone

Beans

My wife did this and ended up with a HTC Droid...and now is in love with it. And I'm actually jealous of her phone camera quality in comparison to my iPhone.

Sometimes dropping a phone in the toilet isn't all that bad.

It was working immediately after I pulled it out. I washed it off and powered it down. Now this morning it will only vibrate once when i try to turn it on and then no other signs of life. I tried blowing it out with compressed air as well as vacuuming inside to try and get any water that might remain out but still no luck. Do i have any chance of recovering this thing?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast