Thread: loving it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

loving it

having tried many distros over the years and not really getting much confidence with linux i installed ubuntu 20.04 on my old laptop a while back and im loving it. my windows pc got hacked or a bad virus (im not sure which) but i lost everything on 1 of my external hdds which had all my business accounts, music etc. i had to reinstall windows then find everything again. but now i rarely touch windows and spend most of my time on the ubuntu laptop.
    so i'd like to thank all here for the much needed help and advice given

cheers guys

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: loving it

Please ensure you make backups of any data you wish you keep. User Error, hardware failure, power failure, etc can all cause data loss.

I can't count the number of times I've started changing a file only to realize I was editing the wrong thing.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

too true charlesA, been and bought 2tb passport hdd, got back up of everything now, took years to build my collection, then having to rescan all business receipts etc. not going through that again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Also, from my own personal experience, always have several back-ups that are completely disconnected from any computer. You might need these at some point.

Beans

I love ubuntu too, its not hard on ram so I can keep discord chrome and steam open all at the same time