Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support for 'Compiling MPlayer' Ubuntu Wiki page....

Beans

Support for 'Compiling MPlayer' Ubuntu Wiki page....

This thread is intended for support, discussion and development of the Ubuntu Community Wiki page:

Compiling MPlayer
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Compiling%20MPlayer

I would encourage people to not only use this wiki page but also log on and edit + improve the page. I will be stepping back a little from upkeep of the page but perhaps some suggested updates could be:

1. Make a link from the wiki page to this thread
    2. Add a section on compiling MPlayer2
    3. Add some details for compiling MEncoder
    4. Sort out the live555 mess, it no longer compiles with MPlayer
    5. Add in some useful links

and whatever people feel is necessary. I will be interested to see if greater community involvement in the wiki version of this guide will yield a better MPlayer experience!
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Re: Support for 'Compiling MPlayer' Ubuntu Wiki page....

Updated mpg123 version to 1.14.4:

Code:
    andrew@skamandros~$ mpg123 --version
    mpg123 1.14.4
    Good idea to spend a little time on the commandline with this great mp3 player.
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans

Andrew -
    don't see any issue on a 64 bit install (though using gcc 4.7.1), shortcut-ed past the blue-ray stuff, git of x264 as of the time of this post(don't know how to get version of in this instance, mplayer - 35058.
    ============ Checking for x264 ============

#include <inttypes.h>
    #include <x264.h>
    #if !(X264_BUILD >= 118)
    #error We do not support old versions of x264. Get the latest from git.
    #endif
    int main(void) { x264_encoder_open((void*)0); return 0; }

cc -Wundef -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wdisabled-optimization -Wno-pointer-sign -Wdeclaration-after-statement -std=gnu99 -I/home/doug/mplayer_build/mplayer_deps/usr/include -fno-tree-vectorize /tmp/mplayer-configure--14203/tmp.c -Ilibdvdread4 -I. -Iffmpeg -I/home/doug/mplayer_build/mplayer_deps/usr/include -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/ -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/opus -I/usr/include/bs2b -lm -L/home/doug/mplayer_build/mplayer_deps/usr/lib -lncurses -lsmbclient -lpng -lz -ljpeg -lungif -lasound -ldl -lpthread -lcdda_interface -lcdda_paranoia -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig -lfribidi -lass -lenca -lz -lbz2 -lmad -lspeex -lgsm -ltheoradec -logg -lmpg123 -la52 -lfaad -lopus -lbs2b -lliveMedia -lgroupsock -lBasicUsageEnvironment -lUsageEnvironment -lstdc++ -lrtmp -lopencore-amrnb -lopencore-amrwb -ldv -lxvidcore -ldirectfb -lXext -lX11 -lpthread -lXv -lvdpau -lXinerama -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lggi -laa -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lcaca -lvga -lSDL -lGL -ldl -lesd -lpulse -ljack -lopenal -lfaac -ltwolame -lfaac -o /tmp/mplayer-configure--14203/tmp -lx264 -lpthread

Result is: yes (in FFmpeg: yes)
    ##########################################
    Do have a 32 bit install that I'll try on in a bit
    (you decided it's best to to use a shared libx264 for mencoder?
    Last edited by mc4man; August 5th, 2012 at 03:11 AM.

Beans

For some reason on my 32 bit install get this error unless I just build 'as usual' or build with mencoder/libx264 with libx264 installed normally
    Code:
    mp3lib/dct64_sse.c: In function 'dct64_sse':
    mp3lib/dct64_sse.c:59:13: error: can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm'
    mp3lib/dct64_sse.c:59:13: error: 'asm' operand has impossible constraints
    make: *** [mp3lib/dct64_sse.o] Error 1
    Otherwise on my current 64bit 12.10 the how-to works but one would need to link at runtime...

You may just consider using the repo libx264-120 or possibly just build the git as shared to /usr/local (though that could conflict with FO's guide..
    Last edited by mc4man; August 5th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    ... build the git as shared to /usr/local (though that could conflict with FO's guide..
    Hi
    That's what I did. Posts #2176-2183 here ---> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...on999&page=218

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ron999 View Post
    Hi
    That's what I did. Posts #2176-2183 here ---> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...on999&page=218
    shows you how good my memory is...
    In any event for a Wiki method the building of a shared libx264 to somewhere not in default path may not be suitable as mplayer/mencoder would need to be linked to libx264.so at runtime which is easy thru an alias for cli but would be likely a bit more involved for an app that called the mencoder binary directly. (binary redirect ..
    (though maybe Andrew has a good one there...
    Last edited by mc4man; August 5th, 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Beans

So here the best 'solution' for a mplayer/mencoder build would be to statically link.

*removed* - static linking for gcc > 4,4 fixed in mplayer -
    r35060 | cehoyos | 2012-08-06 11:39:04 -0400 (Mon, 06 Aug 2012) | 1 line

Second try to fix auto-detection of static libraries.
    Side note - as to actual value you can enable opus thru ffmpeg, 12.04 doesn't have the opus libs, 12.10 does
    Selected audio codec: [fflibopus] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg libopus)
    Last edited by mc4man; August 12th, 2012 at 03:51 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    ... you can enable opus thru ffmpeg, 12.04 doesn't have the opus libs, 12.10 does...
    Hi mc4man

I compiled opus.
    (And libogg and opus-tools)
    (See attachment)
    So opusdec and opusenc and opusinfo are OK.
    And FFmpeg compiles with "--enable-libopus".
    Also mPlayer ./config found libopus automatically.
    "Checking for libopus decoding support ... yes"
    mPlayer ./config found x264 because I compiled it "shared" and removed libx264-dev.
    It did not find vpx, so maybe I will compile it "shared" too next time.
    Though I don't think that I'll ever need to use vpx with MEncoder.

Perhaps your MEncoder compile suggestions will be added to the mPlayer wiki sometime.
    (But there isn't much interest in MEncoder these days).

@ubuntu:~$ mplayer
    MPlayer SVN-r35066-4.5.2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
    Enabled...
    Codecs: libschroedinger libdirac x264 xvid libdv libopencore_amrwb libopencore_amrnb ffmpeg(internal) qtx real xanim win32 libopus faad2 faac libdca libmpeg2(internal) liba52 mpg123 mp3lib(internal) libtheora libgsm speex tremor(internal) twolame libmad liblzo gif OpenJPEG

Disabled...
    Codecs: libvpx crystalhd musepack toolame
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ron999; August 9th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.

Beans

Some details on this web page for compiling libopus that might be useful for the wiki page:

http://andrews-corner.org/mplayer.html#libopus

and another sample file. It will be interesting to see how opus fares, libvpx had a similar fanfare...
    Last edited by ads52; August 10th, 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Beans

I have synced the Ubuntu Wiki with the web guide so quite a few changes now. Important one is that I have added in MEncoder and courtesy of Carl Eugen Hoyos static linking of x264 now works well enough and as per the web guide a truly local installation will not interfere with the system x264. I removed directions to compile live555 as the repository version works well enough. Plus added in libopus as mentioned above.

Since it is a wiki I hope that any mistakes I have made will be corrected by others in this thread .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast