Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Out of the mouth of kids: Linux is Better

Beans

Re: Out of the mouth of kids: Linux is Better

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Get them while they're young! MUAHAHAHAHA

Ahhhhh... Ahhhh... Come to the dark side of the source, Luke.
    I'll never join you! (sorry, couldn't resist)
    "I refuse to be part of a society that encourages the rampant abuse of its own language." ~ The Black Mage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by TLE View Post
    Oh but even seriously. Consider how much of the problem of getting fair competetion is due to that fact that people don't want to try Linux because "they don't want to have to learn a lot of new stuff" (though offcourse in essence they don't really know that much about the inner workings of their ******* either, and a lot of the knowledge they have about the rest can be recycled). So but anyway, just teach them Linux to begin with, no more problem. YEAAAHH
    I was talking half-seriously. THe "half" part is the wording, with a tone that should show some madness. But the sentence is true. It's not actually mine, as I've read it all over the net. It refers to Microsoft's campaign, prices and policies towards schools and universities. The reason MS develops and encourages DX is to assure games run only on windows, so children want windows. It seems they failed this time.
    Now on... Thinkpad T400

Latest news for radeon and/or radeonhd:
    ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support, 30th July 2010

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I was talking half-seriously. THe "half" part is the wording, with a tone that should show some madness. But the sentence is true.
    Yeah it was the "mad" part I was referring to. It is a funny quote! Though I sort of thought it was something politically related or founded, I mean there are plenty of examples. Like what Hitler did with Hitler Jugend, and well (though in a totally different context) as far as I understand there are also military representatives drafting for the US millitary in High Schools and other stuff like that. Like they show in one of those TV spots in Starship Troopers where some soldiers are showing 10 year old kids their rifles and teaching them to squash bug while their teacher is laughing fratically in the background. "Want to know more" LOL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well, if this works for Starship Troopers, the US Army and even Microsoft Windows... tomorrow I'll go to a school and start preaching quantum mechanics. Welcome to the dark side of physics!!! It must work. IT MUST!!!! The world will be mine!!!! MUAHAHAHAHA Everybody will know what the heck an eigenvalue is!!! MUAHAHAHAA

Sorry, I haven't eaten the pill. It must be the headache.
    Now on... Thinkpad T400

Latest news for radeon and/or radeonhd:
    ATI R600g Gains Mip-Map, Face Culling Support, 30th July 2010

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

You now have the perfect reason to install linux (that or maybe edubuntu) on the home computer!

Just tell the wife and back up her stuff, including emails, before you do?

Beans

I find this misuse of the term "dark side" disturbing
    Thou shalt not kill -9

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Darkside is the best side...no sacrilege will be tolerated. Feel the force..... u jedi scum :>
    People who say Linux is difficult to use are just obsessed by windows ......Close your windows and open your doors to Linux
    Ubuntu Starter Guide..RestrictedFormats
    Ubuntu Packages...Linux Programs Replacements for Windows Programs...XXamp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

They know daddy likes Linux - They want to be like Dad?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Spano View Post
    They know daddy likes Linux - They want to be like Dad?
    Shh, don't add perfectly good psychological explainations to this. Like the following footsteps. Or the "cookie in the jar" idea. Or that it's something new to play with. We'd much rather believe that children have more pure intelligence and that if -just a few children- like it better, it means conclusively that linux is absolutely without a doubt better all around.

I wouldn't worry about the fact that they may just be following daddy's footsteps too much though. How many people are just following someone else's footsteps for windows? I mean, in college we're taking Word classes and being taught that to be successful you must know Word. Following footsteps with computers doesn't end at childhood.

Beans

(haven't read the whole thread)

Meh, they just like the Tux and gnibbles.
    I remember I always wanted to use that weird OS that my older brother used with that fun-conveying penguin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12