Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Jammin' June Screenshot Thread

Beans

Re: Jammin' June Screenshot Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Roasted View Post
    The more that time passes, I am noticing two things. Strictly personal opinion here.

The more Gnome Shell grows, the more I love it.
    The more crap that is shoved into Unity via nonsense lenses, the more I dislike it.

Rocking Ubuntu GNOME 13.04 with Gnome 3 PPA @ 3.8.2. Absolutely freakin loving it. Stays out of my way when I need it to yet it also gets in my way when I need it to (via it's awesome message tray and notification system), and is all around quite a joy to use.

http://i.imgur.com/qdAgIRC.jpg
    Me too! The first time I tried it my thought was "okay, it looks nice, but I'm not sure if I'd want to use it all the time." I kept playing around with it in a live session, then eventually installed it. At this point, it's my favorite DE ever. It's very good for my work flow, gets out of the way when I need it to, is plenty customizable, and looks awesome. I can't speak for Unity as I haven't had any reason to try it recently, but the things I originally didn't like about it haven't changed. So anyway, here's my current desktop. Nothing too fancy, but the wallpaper does change to a different random photo of mine every 60 minutes.

Ubuntu Gnome 13.04 with Gnome 3.8 PPA. I have the applications menu, places menu, and weather indicator installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by montag dp; June 21st, 2013 at 02:44 PM. Reason: blurred name

neu5eeCh is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

And here's one from Deepin on my Distro Hoppin' partition. Doesn't look as if there's a whole lot of customization possible. So far, the wallpaper is about the only thing I could change. Doesn't look like its (easily or straightforwardly) possible to change the garish icons. I picked a desktop to counteract the onsalught of pastels.

To see a larger image, try here. I would be possible to add conky, I suppose. The desktop, because it's so simple, is very responsive and very light weight. All in all, sort of a cross between Windows 7 and Elementary(?) If you want something simple and lightweight for a former windows user (who never tweaks anything). Deepin might be a good choice? EDIT: Right now it's cruising at about 180 megs/32 bit -- almost as light weight as #!.

An other observation: Unless the panel is auto-hidden, the icons (extending above the panel) effectively make the panel twice as wide (as far as apps are concernerd). It means that the panel, though it looks small, eats up a lot of real-estate. The only way to use the DE on a small screen is to auto-hide the panel.
    Last edited by neu5eeCh; June 21st, 2013 at 03:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu 12.04 lts classic

Ubuntu 12.04 Lts with cairo dock interface
    Last edited by goldshirt9; June 21st, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
    yes i'm a nood

neu5eeCh is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

A blatant rip off of Fog's desktop.

I loved the wallpaper. The rest is my usual Xubuntu setup (from my use-it-every-day partition) -- the distro is Voyager 13.04. Larger size here.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Decided to play around with Cairo-Dock's 3D view & taskbar on top.

Found an old Icon I found for Cairo-Dock's Application Menu Applet.
    This post is like Brigadoon!

Beans
    Hidden!

[QUOTE=VinDSL;12693004]Yes!!! They finally patched nVidia 304 for Linux 3.10

You crack me up VinDSL
    Thought you was happy with nouveau
    It is getting better though, I keep it for a couple of days before install nvidia..

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    Forest Landscpe wallpaper from Tineye search http://hhdwallpapes.com/wp-content/u...Landscape_.jpg
    Thank You Sir..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by runrickus View Post
    You crack me up VinDSL
    Thought you was happy with nouveau
    I'm happy with both. Neither are perfect, but they perform about the same.

The only true concern I have with Nouveau is, it makes my GPU run warmer -- 10-15C here in Arizona.

I'm afraid, if I puke a fan, it'll fry the chip before I notice it. Had it happen to my previous (ATI) video card.

Here's how paranoid I am...

Cooler Master CoolViva Z1 VGA Heatipe Cooler with 80mm NMB Case Fan

AGP graphic cards are getting scarce, you know?
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Wow! Mind-blowing, beautiful desktops posted here!

I really like Irene's style (fog) and Vermont Poet's, too. Now I'm jealous and want/need to learn how to customize the look of my icons.

Now bear with me as I try to post a decent thumbnail of my own screen shot of computer desktop.

I use Ubuntu 12.10 + XFCE desktop environment = xUbuntu.

It currently looks like this:

Capture+d%27%C3%A9cran+-+23062013+-+02:46:33.png

-BM

Beans

Another screenshot... different distro:

Full-size screenshots here:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tMintDebi1.jpg

I'm running a different secondary distro now alongside my primary Arch Linux. I've always liked Linux Mint and would've chosen it as my first Linux distro had I not already chosen Ubuntu. I wanted to go with a Debian base as my secondary distro, so it was basically a tossup between two excellent Debian-based distros... Snowlinux and Linux Mint Debian Edition. I could've gone with SolusOS, but the new version is still in the alpha stages. So having always liked Linux Mint, I decided to go with Linux Mint Debian Edition. I haven't modified Cinnamon very much at all. I decided for now to stick with the traditional Windows-style interface, and I've only modded my Cinnamon theme and wallpaper. I'm sticking with a Legend of Zelda theme for now, but that could change. And the default Mint-X themes work very well with this wallpaper and the Legend of Zelda forest theme. So far, it's almost every bit like running the main Ubuntu-based edition of Linux Mint, and I'm very much enjoying it. Good thing I won't have to reinstall it in the future... the beauty of rolling and semi-rolling releases.

Computer: Desktop
    Distro: Linux Mint Debian Edition
    Desktop Environment: Cinnamon 1.8
    Cinnamon Theme: Glass Mint
    GTK Theme: Mint-X
    Window Theme: Mint-X
    Wallpapers: custom-made Legend of Zelda "Link and Saria"
    Icons: Mint-X (modified Faenza)
    Special Features: Dual displays
    Last edited by viperdvman; June 23rd, 2013 at 07:23 AM.
    Don't like Unity? Hate it? Not your cup of coffee? Ubuntu does provide choices. There's GNOME Shell, KDE Plasma, Xfce, LXDE, and now MATE and Cinnamon. Take your pick

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast