Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Beans

Re: Welcome to the upgraded forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelli0us View Post
    You can set your browser to ignore fonts and colors and set your own instead. I do it, most pages have bright white background that hurts my eyes if I look for more than 1 minute.
    I too do not like white backgrounds but others do! So I just style pages myself. Doing so causes some issues particularly with background images but still ... :
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by mbeach View Post
    agree with Vaphell. Looking from my work machine 1680x1050 getting very little actual content displayed on a single screen. I'm hoping with time the opportunity arrives for a condensed style choice.

Attachment 239562
    I don't understand this issue. Yes there's no max-width for the forums, but there wasn't in the old forum either.
    vb3.jpg
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Probably a stupid question, particularly as I had access to the staging forum where search was working, but I never thought to test it out: where's the "find all my posts" button gone? Or will it reappear when the forum search does? Cheers.

Kudos on the upgrade, incidentally.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    Probably a stupid question, particularly as I had access to the staging forum where search was working, but I never thought to test it out: where's the "find all my posts" button gone? Or will it reappear when the forum search does? Cheers.

Kudos on the upgrade, incidentally.
    When I logged out earlier I couldn't see any search options, when I log back in I see them all - should all come back for you when we turn search on for everyone.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Yes. Aside from the orange text, it's looking good with only a couple of little niggles.

One of the niggles, which no one has yet pointed out: on the first page, every forum name, apart from the last in each section, ends with a comma.
    Attachment 239563
    We had seen it thanks. As far as we can see it's an unsupported plugin, we think we've got a replacement - but it needs to be verified by IS.

There are more plugins that we need to look at - it is entirely possible that we will deal with them all at the same time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Congratulations on the move!
    It looks a lot smoother now than before, though my only complaint would be regarding the way the "posts" are presented.
    I kind of preferred the old look. (With the usernames being on the left of the post instead of above) The new one looks more like reading through an endless A4 page.
    They say the pen is mightier than the sword...but Steven Seagal is mightier than the Pen AND the Sword. http://tinyurl.com/ybnsx2w
    Don't have Dropbox or any cloud-hosting yet? Click this -->http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTE1MDE3NzY5

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by fontis View Post
    I kind of preferred the old look. (With the usernames being on the left of the post instead of above) The new one looks more like reading through an endless A4 page.
    You know you now have the choice? See the OP for details.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

where's the "find all my posts" button gone?
    It's under "Quick Links" top left of forum header.
    Castles Made of Sand,
    Fall in the Sea,
    Eventually!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by arpanaut View Post
    It's under "Quick Links" top left of forum header.
    Hmm, that let me spot another niggle. The Quick Links menu has gaps, through which the underlying items show. See the screen-shot.

Quick Links.png
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy Landau View Post
    Hmm, that let me spot another niggle. The Quick Links menu has gaps, through which the underlying items show. See the screen-shot.

Quick Links.png
    Believe that is an unintended consequence of changing the header colour - thanks, we'd noticed that a short while ago.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast