Thread: Autoplay mounted iso

Beans

Autoplay mounted iso

I apologize for the basic question, but seems like this is the right forum! I just bought an Acer Revo 1600 for my kids for Christmas, and I'm in the process of loading Edubuntu on it. The computer doesn't have a CD/DVD player, but I have the edubuntu iso mounted (ubuntu is already loaded). However, all I can seem to do is browse through the files. The instructions say that when it's burned to DVD and loaded, a menu will pop up. How do I autoplay to get the menu to pop up if I'm mounting the iso? This is all for the 9.10 versions of ubuntu/edubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Autoplay mounted iso

I think you might have to boot from the disk, after it is burnt.
    Laptop: MSI CR700, 17.3" WXGA++ 16:9 1600X900 NVIDIA MCP79MVL GeForce 8200M G 512MB shared, Dual core Intel T4200 2GHZ 800MHZ 1MB, 320GB SATA, 4GB RAM (max), 6.5lbs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Keep your important files in HOSTS when ubuntu is installed with WUBI
    How to install ANYTHING in Ubuntu!
    'No PUB KEY' error? Try this!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MelDJ View Post
    Thanks for the link. I think I have it installed via the synaptic manager, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. The size of the DVD is 3.4GB, but when I selected the edubuntu desktop from synaptic, it was only 750MB. What am I missing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by scottyja View Post
    Thanks for the link. I think I have it installed via the synaptic manager, but I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. The size of the DVD is 3.4GB, but when I selected the edubuntu desktop from synaptic, it was only 750MB. What am I missing?
    so you are installing the edubuntu package from synaptic? it is smaller because the core ubuntu system is not there. its just edubuntu and its apps

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MelDJ View Post
    so you are installing the edubuntu package from synaptic? it is smaller because the core ubuntu system is not there. its just edubuntu and its apps
    My understanding was the Edubuntu DVD was only an application layer that needed to be installed on top of a base ubuntu install. I could be mistaken. Either way, it looks like many of the apps are there, just not the backgrounds/themes, which isn't a major deal. I installed the artwork package... but the only backgrounds I can choose are the base ones that were part of the ubuntu install.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by scottyja View Post
    but the only backgrounds I can choose are the base ones that were part of the ubuntu install.
    maybe you could do a reset