View Poll Results: Which folder icon do you want in Mac4Lin v1.0?

Voters
431. You may not vote on this poll
Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Beans

Re: Mac4Lin - New releases, discussions, comments etc.

Just an FYI but the Mozilla devs are at it again. When Firefox 3.2 comes out there will be a number of changes to how themes work. They've recently split the Mozilla 1.9.1/Firefox 3.1 branch from the programming trunk and I'm seeing some changes already in how the master theme is coded. There were 9 pages of changes to themes for Firefox 3.1 so we'll need to double check the Mac4Lin Firefox themes as we get closer to 3.1 coming out to see what breaks in our themes. Sine it's Firefox themes I have no doubt we'll probably have to tweak some things to resolve bugs they added for us. If you're testing Firefox 3.1 please let us know how the themes are working in comparison to Firefox 3.0.4 so we start getting an idea what we may need to do.

@infra:
    And you thought GNOME devs were bad about changing themes with updates.
    For an OSX look check out Mac4Lin (updated support thread)
    Follow me on Twitter | My Blog
    The Search tool is your friend.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    is it
    Code:
    sudo chown root:root Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC1
    Code:
    sudo cp Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC1 /tmp
    Code:
    ls -l
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install medibuntu-keyring
    ?? Need help here please and thank you

Quote Originally Posted by infra_red_dude View Post
    There is no space between ./ and Mac4Lin.sh. its ./Mac4Lin_Install.....sh
    Code:
    ~/Desktop/Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC1$ ./Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC1.sh
    bash: ./Mac4Lin_Install_v1.0_RC1.sh: No such file or directory
    Sorry thats what i meant, and its not working, no biggy. bye for now
    Last edited by KEE; December 4th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Just an FYI but the Mozilla devs are at it again. When Firefox 3.2 comes out there will be a number of changes to how themes work. They've recently split the Mozilla 1.9.1/Firefox 3.1 branch from the programming trunk and I'm seeing some changes already in how the master theme is coded. There were 9 pages of changes to themes for Firefox 3.1 so we'll need to double check the Mac4Lin Firefox themes as we get closer to 3.1 coming out to see what breaks in our themes. Sine it's Firefox themes I have no doubt we'll probably have to tweak some things to resolve bugs they added for us. If you're testing Firefox 3.1 please let us know how the themes are working in comparison to Firefox 3.0.4 so we start getting an idea what we may need to do.

@infra:
    And you thought GNOME devs were bad about changing themes with updates.
    Speaking of Firefox themes, the ones I have don't work with firefox 3.0.4. I am using mac4lin - ver.1.0_RC found here. What do I need to do to get these firefox themes to work in forefox 3.0.4 on Ubuntu 8.10? Am I using the latest Mac4Lin package?

Beans

Mac4Lin 1.0 RC is actually an outdated build. You should try RC1 (if that's not what you have), but infra's updating RC1 to include themes that have been updated to work with Firefox 3.0.4. I can't tell if he's posted them to the server at SourceForge yet but he's got a lot on his plate with the end of the semester. If he hasn't posted them yet you should get the Nightly Tester Tools extensions that I mentioned back on page 20. You can use that to override the compatibility check on the themes. The only thing missing is a bump of the maxversion, the highest version of Firefox that the themes work with. You can seafely override the version check on our themes until infra gets the RC updated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Sorry folks, I've been a bit busy with my projects and hence wasn't able to upload them on sf.net. I tried to tweak somethings at sf.net so that DJ Peng has access to file releases menu but unfortunately something seems to be broken regarding the permission settings on sf.net. I've mailed the maintainence team but yet to hear from them

So, for the moment, plz override the version check in FF to use the themes or if that doesn't cut it, kindly wait for some days till I'm done with my semester exams.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

Just reporting back: Have installed openSuse 11.0 and the latest release installed without a hitch.

Thanks infra_red_dude and thanks PJ_Peng.

I also installed Ubuntu Hardy LTS, unfortunately both of the Linuxes do not run on both machines (too much to discuss here) and I need to have them identical (One is the backup for the other. A week or so out of step is not a big issue but any longer than that is trouble for me. I alternate their use for a commercial application so have max a week to figure something out...)

When openSuse 11.1 is out in a few weeks time I am going to have another go at it. Problems with Ubuntu were more serious so am not going to try that in the immediate future.

On another note - there is for Windows XP a "mac skin lookalike" FlyakiteOSX v3.5.exe which will transform the normal XP interface and logon to a Mac lookalike. Just be warned that uninstall is a nightmare and I reverted to using Acronis to restore my backup image. I found it pretty slow in performance but that's just me since I have really optimised my graphics for application performance. Perhaps it may help obtaining some icons & skins from there?

Best to all and many thanks for all the hard work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Peng View Post
    Mac4Lin 1.0 RC is actually an outdated build. You should try RC1 (if that's not what you have), but infra's updating RC1 to include themes that have been updated to work with Firefox 3.0.4. I can't tell if he's posted them to the server at SourceForge yet but he's got a lot on his plate with the end of the semester.
    I have Mac4Lin 1.0 RC and I don't see anywhere to download RC1. On second thought, I'm just going to override the version check and wait for infra_red_dude to work his magic

So, for the moment, plz override the version check in FF to use the themes or if that doesn't cut it, kindly wait for some days till I'm done with my semester exams.
    Will do, and, again, your work is very much appreciated. I have two doctorate degrees and I remember how hectic school can be.. best of luck to you

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

^^^ The RC pack on sf.net is RC1. There were some renaming issues. You can download that but as of now the Mozilla themes hafn't been updated yet.
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

http://phoenix-ani.blogspot.com

Beans

^^^ The RC pack on sf.net is RC1. There were some renaming issues. You can download that but as of now the Mozilla themes hafn't been updated yet.
    would it able to work with intrepid? anyway good luck to you too

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ardchoille42 View Post
    I have Mac4Lin 1.0 RC and I don't see anywhere to download RC1. On second thought, I'm just going to override the version check and wait for infra_red_dude to work his magic

Will do, and, again, your work is very much appreciated. I have two doctorate degrees and I remember how hectic school can be.. best of luck to you
    Go to this download page, and if the 1.0 RC isn't expanded click on the version number to show the specific files. You want Mac4Lin_v1.0_RC1.tar.gz, but since infra hasn't had a chance to update the Firefox themes yet I'm attaching my updated themes. I had to make an archive for each of the two main themes (Aqua and Graphite) to get around the UF upload limits (the silly software didn't know what a .jar file was), so just extract the archives and drag the .jar files onto your Firefox Add-on Manager's Theme tab and you should be good to go. Those themes should also work with Firefox 3.1 so if anyone's using those betas please let me know how things go with our themes.

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    would it able to work with intrepid? anyway good luck to you too
    I'm running it on Intrepid right now so it should all be good.

Page 22 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast