Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: How to Sync your Blackberry in Linux

Quote Originally Posted by chipbennett View Post
    theZoid, please do report back and let me know if it was helpful! I'll be happy to add/revise based on suggestions.
    Chip....great guide btw, however my calendar sync'd, but my contacts aren't showing up in Kontact....did I miss something?
    DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by theZoid View Post
    I'm doing it now....you're using Kontact for the sync right? That's fine by me...having problems with Thunderbird.
    Yes, I sync with KDE-PIM (Kontact, Kmail, Kalendar, etc.).

I can't find an official OpenSync plugin for Thunderbird, but did find something called blueZync, which purports to act as a Mozilla/Thunderbird plugin for OpenSync. If so, then it should be what you need.

Beans
    Distro

Chip....great guide btw, however my calendar sync'd, but my contacts aren't showing up in Kontact....did I miss something?
    Do you have a filter applied to your contacts in Kontact? In the upper-right-hand corner, ensure that "Filter" is set to "None".

Beyond that, I'm not sure. I've not gotten very far with synchronizing contacts (I need to be able to sync by category); however, I did do a trial-run sync of contacts, and everything from my BlackBerry showed up in Kontact afterward.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes, I sync with KDE-PIM (Kontact, Kmail, Kalendar, etc.).

I can't find an official OpenSync plugin for Thunderbird, but did find something called blueZync, which purports to act as a Mozilla/Thunderbird plugin for OpenSync. If so, then it should be what you need.
    Chip, Kontact is fine. My calendar events sync'd with Kontact, but not my Contacts? All that's there is the one sample entry....the tool said everything sync'd ok....are they in a different file?

EDIT: there is NO filter selected....I have around 700 contacts...?
    Last edited by theZoid; June 2nd, 2008 at 04:18 AM.
    DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro

Chip, Kontact is fine. My calendar events sync'd with Kontact, but not my Contacts? All that's there is the one sample entry....the tool said everything sync'd ok....are they in a different file?
    Zoid, see my previous post; I think our posting is out of sync (pun intended).

Beans
    Distro

EDIT: there is NO filter selected....I have around 700 contacts...?
    Hmm, I know that when I first started using KDE-PIM, I imported a couple thousand contacts, and then didn't see them in Kontact. I didn't realize that "Filter: Unfiled" meant un-categorized contacts. Once I selected one of the categories, I could see my contacts.

If the sync was successful, then you should see all of your contacts with "Filter: None". I am unsure what the issue is.

Did you get any errors during the sync? Are you using the CLI sync (msynctool) or the GUI sync (KitchenSync)?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hmm, I know that when I first started using KDE-PIM, I imported a couple thousand contacts, and then didn't see them in Kontact. I didn't realize that "Filter: Unfiled" meant un-categorized contacts. Once I selected one of the categories, I could see my contacts.

If the sync was successful, then you should see all of your contacts with "Filter: None". I am unsure what the issue is.

Did you get any errors during the sync? Are you using the CLI sync (msynctool) or the GUI sync (KitchenSync)?
    OK, right now I'm using KitchenSync....it is saying it's writing 658 entries (which is the number of my contacts), and has stalled at 99% complete....I think stalled, or does this take a while?
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro

OK, right now I'm using KitchenSync....it is saying it's writing 658 entries (which is the number of my contacts), and has stalled at 99% complete....I think stalled, or does this take a while?
    It might take a while. Let it complete; it will either say "successful" or else "error" (or similar).

If KitchenSync indicates that the sync was successful, yet you still can't see your contacts in Kontact, then I'm not sure what's going on. If, however, KitchenSync returns an error, then we'll have to track down what the error is.
    Dell*buntu Inspiron 1420n, running Kubuntu Karmic. Un-tethered from MS Windows since October 2007.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

It might take a while. Let it complete; it will either say "successful" or else "error" (or similar).

If KitchenSync indicates that the sync was successful, yet you still can't see your contacts in Kontact, then I'm not sure what's going on. If, however, KitchenSync returns an error, then we'll have to track down what the error is.
    Here's where it's at right now...for 10 minutes or so....pic attached...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Now the contacts are showing up....GREAT GUIDE Chip!! The is the first guide I've seen that gets down to the nitty gritty, 1 2 3..., in plain english....good job! PS Chip....check msynctools installation...had to do that one on my own, no biggie, and group is misspelled
    Last edited by theZoid; June 2nd, 2008 at 05:30 AM.
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast