Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Thanks dfreer. This solution from another thread solved the permissions problem, and I can now launch as a regular user (thanks to Grishka):

Code:
    1. kill pulseaudio (sudo killall pulseaudio)
    2. run pSX as root (sudo ./pSX)
    3. find the "sound" tab in the configuration and switch the "device" setting from "default" to your soundcard (plughw:0,0 in my case). apply. close pSX.
    4 open /root/.pSX/psx.ini in a text editor (gksudo gedit /root/.pSX/psx.ini). find the "device" string under [Sound] section (I have "b7d317a4" there).
    5. paste this string into the relevant section in ~/.pSX/psx.ini, in place of all zeroes. save. if you don't have this file in your user directory, run pSX and cancel just after choosing language, on the bios selection screen. pSX should save settings then.

now pSX runs fine even after reboot.
    This answer also solved my 'error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1' problem:

Code:
    Try this only after verifying that you do in fact have the identified files in the stated locations.
    sudo unlink /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
    sudo unlink /usr/lib32/libGL.so.1
    sudo rm /usr/lib/libGL.so.1.2
    sudo synaptic

From there I reinstalled IA32 libraries using synaptic.
    Arch 3.3.1-1 (x86_64) w/Gnome 3.2
    ASUS P7P55-E-Pro, Geforce GTX460, i5-750, 8GB
    Dell XPS m1330, Geforce 8400M, 4965AGN
    HP Folio 13 Ultrabook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thank you for the new links, I installed psx32frontend_1.11-3.1_gutsy-amd64 and it's now working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks for the great work dfreer. It took some work (not bad for a saturday afternoon) but pSX is working great now.

Here's a question...does anyone know of a way to copy "my precious" saves off of psx memory cards to USB on the PS2?

I would love to access my saves.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

PSX is working great for me too, but only as root. I followed the directions in the earlier post about copying the sound device info into ~HOME/.pSX/psx.ini, but that didn't work. Whenever I try to run it as a normal user I get the following:
    Code:
     * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 582]: 'snd_pcm_open(&pcm_handle,dev->info->device_fname,SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK,0)' returned 'Device or resource busy'
    pSX: ../../../src/pcm/pcm_params.c:2259: snd_pcm_hw_refine: Assertion `pcm && params' failed.
    Aborted
    "Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    -- Mark Twain

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

First of all i would like to say that this truly is the best emulator out their for linux that i've tried. at least for my system. the video is sooo much smoother and it uses literally half the resources. props to the author and dfreer for the packages. I was however posting for another reason than to extend my thanks... i get horrible sound. when i run from the command line i get "sound: underrun" repeating. any suggestions?
    "Come to the Dark Side... We have KookieS" <--haha.. its True.

Beans

You can try increasing the sound latency within pSX by 10 MS or so, I wouldn't recommend increasing it by any more than that. Beyond that, I don't have any suggestions, sorry

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

yeah... I've tried that. and a few other tweaks involving sound and graphics. i got the biggest difference by turning the display off of 32 bit. but still pretty choppy. if anyone else might know anything i would be grateful. BTW thanks dfreer for the quick reply.
    "Come to the Dark Side... We have KookieS" <--haha.. its True.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Try increasing the nice setting, when I had my old pc I used to set the nice setting higher than usual to fix the sound choppiness.
    You can do this through the system monitor or using the command:
    "nice -n -12 psx" or "nice -n -12 psx32"
    I only ever used to change it through the priority setting in system monitor, but recently I have been running Myst with wine and was recomended to run it with "nice -n #" in front so I guess it should work here too.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I've tried to install pSX but when I run it all i get is this ./pSX: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkglext-x11-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't seem to fix the problem. I'm using Jaunty 64 bit.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marcusdean.adams View Post
    PSX is working great for me too, but only as root. I followed the directions in the earlier post about copying the sound device info into ~HOME/.pSX/psx.ini, but that didn't work. Whenever I try to run it as a normal user I get the following:
    Code:
     * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgiogconf.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgioremote-volume-monitor.so
    /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    Failed to load module: /usr/lib/gio/modules/libgvfsdbus.so
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 582]: 'snd_pcm_open(&pcm_handle,dev->info->device_fname,SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACK,0)' returned 'Device or resource busy'
    pSX: ../../../src/pcm/pcm_params.c:2259: snd_pcm_hw_refine: Assertion `pcm && params' failed.
    Aborted
    Try using pasuspender. Pulseaudio is taking up the sound card and it works with root because root has higher preference with the sound card than pulseaudio which is run by your user.

Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast