Thread: Wi-fi connecting problem(BROADCOM BCM 4313 / belkin surf N300 with ubuntu wubi 12.10)

Beans

Angry Wi-fi connecting problem(BROADCOM BCM 4313 / belkin surf N300 with ubuntu wubi 12.10)

Hello everybody!

I installed the wubi version of ubuntu and I have serius problems with the wi-fi connection, it's like a week that I'm trying to solve it.
    Using the broadcom internal wi-fi sometimes I can see the connections and sometimes not but, anyway, I can't connect to them (sometimes it says that I'm connected but if I try to load a page nothing works).
    I read in some threads that the peolple solved the problem buying an usb wi-fi connection because a lot of people has problem with the broadcom so I've buyd it.
    Anyway, I didn't solved the problem because the usb doesn't install on ubuntu and I can't find the driver.
    Someone has a solution to solve my problem in one of the two ways (broadcom or usb)?

Has written in the title, the model of the internal one is BROADCOM BCM 4313 while the usb is belkin surf N300.
    The ubuntu wubi version in 12.10
    If it can help, I have an hp pavillion g6 on 64 bits running Windows 8 (updated from the 7).
    If possible, it would be better a solutions without connecting to the internet with the cable with ubuntu. For now I can only download and transfer files from windows (with connection) to ubuntu with an usb).

Thank you for the help
    Last edited by MikeeezZz; March 16th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Wi-fi connecting problem (BROADCOM BCM 4313 / belkin surf N300)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AlecJ View Post
    Thank you for the answer.
    Here's the result:
    input
    Code:
    Michele @ ubuntu: ~ $ apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-generic
    output
    Code:
    E: Could not open lock file / var / lib / dpkg / lock - open (13: Permission denied)
    E: Unable to acquire the lock on the administration directory (/ var / lib / dpkg /). You must be root.
    but I don't see the point because I'm root. It maybe can be related with the fact that I have the wubi version of 12.10?

Beans

I also looked in the ubuntu folder from windows to check if there was missing the root file so I've done ubuntu->disks and the file root.disk was there so I don't think something is missing...

Beans

Re: Wi-fi connecting problem(BROADCOM BCM 4313 / belkin surf N300 with ubuntu wubi 12

I need help please, I have a work to do and I need the connection with linux as soon as possible

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Wi-fi connecting problem(BROADCOM BCM 4313 / belkin surf N300 with ubuntu wubi 12

Try the command line with sudo prefixed.. Your output shows that are not root but Michele. If you were root you would see root@ubuntu:~# as your command prompt

Code:
    Michele @ ubuntu: ~ $ sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-generic

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Thread moved to Networking & Wireless.