Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Login Keyring

Beans

Talking Re: Login Keyring

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B View Post
    this has nothing to do with auto login. the keyring is most likely for a secured wireless connection, just set the keyring password to be blank.

you can change the password with this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...09&postcount=4
    OR
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...43&postcount=7

Thank u.... it works....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Login Keyring

Yes - someone please help
    I keep getting this stupid "loginkey ring" message and as well, although I opted for automatic login it keeps asking me for my password.
    I know about security etc etc but I find this password stuff totally annoying and I have NO need for it.
    Thanks
    Cliff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by cliff0108 View Post
    Yes - someone please help
    I keep getting this stupid "loginkey ring" message and as well, although I opted for automatic login it keeps asking me for my password.
    I know about security etc etc but I find this password stuff totally annoying and I have NO need for it.
    Thanks
    Cliff
    use a blank password when setting up the keyring choose the unsecured way, it wont bother you anymore asking to enter password.

Beans

The second link worked for me; thanks! I had just upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 and was trying to open a Ubuntu One account. Started getting the password messages described earlier in the thread.

So I'm just reporting that the procedure here http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...43&postcount=7 still works with 11.04.

Beans

For Ubuntu 10.04 here is an easy solution copied straight from the user manual.

"You may be asked for a password every time you log in so that you can connect to a network. You can stop this from happening like so:

1.Right click the Network Manager icon and choose 'Edit Connections'.
    2.Go to the 'Wireless' tab, select the connection you are using and click Edit.
    3.Check 'Available to all users' and click 'Apply'. Enter your [administrator] password when asked.

The next time you log in, you should not need to enter your password in order to connect to your network connection"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhg View Post
    For Ubuntu 10.04 here is an easy solution copied straight from the user manual.

"You may be asked for a password every time you log in so that you can connect to a network. You can stop this from happening like so:

1.Right click the Network Manager icon and choose 'Edit Connections'.
    2.Go to the 'Wireless' tab, select the connection you are using and click Edit.
    3.Check 'Available to all users' and click 'Apply'. Enter your [administrator] password when asked.

The next time you log in, you should not need to enter your password in order to connect to your network connection"
    That worked for me, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12