Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Application for Membership

Beans

Re: Application for Membership

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen69 View Post
    You are a breath of fresh air, and very knowledgeable. If anyone I've seen has ascended quickly on here, you have. I have no doubt you will be a member soon.
    Thank you and best of luck with yours too.

Peace
    Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    I believe you have great potential and currently a positive, productive member of this community.

However given your short membership time just 6 months I do not feel there has been sufficient time to assess your suitability for membership and to meet one of the principle requirements, "sustained and significant contributions". Therefore at this time I am not able to support your present application.

I am sure you will awarded this in the not too distant future.
    I agree. Keep up the good work and the Membership will come.

Beans

Full support... again.

Seriously. You still deserve it as much as ever.

By now you must've been here long enough for the staff to be able to conclude that you'll keep coming here. Some people come to this forum and post like crazy, and then leave a month later. I've done that on some other forums under different usernames myself.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    I agree. Keep up the good work and the Membership will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantFroyo View Post
    Full support... again.

Seriously. You still deserve it as much as ever.

By now you must've been here long enough for the staff to be able to conclude that you'll keep coming here. Some people come to this forum and post like crazy, and then leave a month later. I've done that on some other forums under different usernames myself.
    Thank you to your both, appreciate it.

Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

+1 Haqking.

And I thought I spent too much time here...but then you are a google fu ninja...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    ... given your short membership time just 6 months I do not feel there has been sufficient time to assess your suitability for membership and to meet one of the principle requirements, "sustained and significant contributions". Therefore at this time I am not able to.
    I would respectfully submit that haqking has indeed made sustained and significant contributions to the community. In that "short" six-month period...

1. He provided excellent contributions in the mega basic security thread. That thread began on November 1 and had activity as recently as 2 weeks ago. Not a long time by the calendar, but perhaps the impact of that contribution is more significant.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1873643

2. He provided invaluable information and support to the basic security wiki. The project started in November and completed in December. But I think the membership board fails to see that the reason the project could be completed so quickly was because haqking and a few others dedicated themselves to the project. (i.e. significant!)
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicSecurity

3. According to his profile, haqking makes on average 23 posts a day. While I certainly haven't read all of those posts, I know that he has helped countless folks solve their problems quickly and efficiently. He's clearly an expert in his field, and he clearly understands Ubuntu. So in my eyes, his "short" contribution was infinitely more valuable than any less experienced person who has been on this forum for years.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MG&TL View Post
    +1 Haqking.

And I thought I spent too much time here...but then you are a google fu ninja...
    Thank you i appreciate it, its all in the google-fu

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Daisy View Post
    I would respectfully submit that haqking has indeed made sustained and significant contributions to the community. In that "short" six-month period...

1. He provided excellent contributions in the mega basic security thread. That thread began on November 1 and had activity as recently as 2 weeks ago. Not a long time by the calendar, but perhaps the impact of that contribution is more significant.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1873643

2. He provided invaluable information and support to the basic security wiki. The project started in November and completed in December. But I think the membership board fails to see that the reason the project could be completed so quickly was because haqking and a few others dedicated themselves to the project. (i.e. significant!)
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BasicSecurity

3. According to his profile, haqking makes on average 23 posts a day. While I certainly haven't read all of those posts, I know that he has helped countless folks solve their problems quickly and efficiently. He's clearly an expert in his field, and he clearly understands Ubuntu. So in my eyes, his "short" contribution was infinitely more valuable than any less experienced person who has been on this forum for years.
    wow, why thank-you Ms.Daisy, most gracious of you and i appreciate your support and thoughts.

Cheers and beers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

+1 :d

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Good luck in the future hackinq.

You are a valued member of the forums. Keep posting and your application will come.
    If you believe everything you read, you better not read. ~ Japanese Proverb

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed. - Mark Twain

Thinking about becoming an Ubuntu Member?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

haqking = 4,550beans/161days ~= 28 b/d O_o
    you have my support +1

blog
    Donations BTC : 12FwoB7uAM5FnweykpR1AEEDVFaTLTYFkS
    DOUBLEPLUSGOOD!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast