Thread: Things I have to stop myself from saying...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Things I have to stop myself from saying...

Sometimes I see posts and have to figuratively 'bite my tongue' to prevent an unhelpful response. But these are some of the things I am tempted to say.

Q. Can I delete Ubuntu and go back to Windows?
    A. No I'm sorry, but now you have Ubuntu on your hard drive it is impossible to revert back. You will have to purchase a new hard drive. As you have Ubuntu installed on your computer, you will also have to send $50 per month to the Free Software Foundation to avoid prosecution. This will be for the rest of your life.

Q. I am having a problem with Unbuntu/Ubunut/various mispellings...
    A. I am sorry, this forum is for Ubuntu users only. Try the Unbuntu/Ubunut/various mispellings forum instead.

Q. What is this Ubuntu thing?
    A. Ubuntu is a Windows virus which will burn your hard drive like the olympic torch. It will also persuade Facebook to demolish your house, have sex with your partner and make your kids fail their exams. As you have visited this forum, you now have the virus on your computer.

Q. Ubuntu sux! Windows rools etc. etc....
    A. You are dribbling into your mash and your incontinence pad needs changing. The red button will call the nurse.

Q. I installed Ubuntu and now Windows won't boot up....
    A. You have chosen the red pill. Welcome, you have escaped from The Matrix.
    $> cd /pub
    $> more beer

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Things I have to stop myself from saying...

Q. I thought forums were for getting answers.
    A. No. Forums exist for YOU to answer questions.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I like to say "bite my keyboard" but some people don't get it.

The opposite of you are the people that should keep their fingers off the keys but feel the need to comment on things that they have no knowledge of.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    Q. Can I delete Ubuntu and go back to Windows?
    A. No I'm sorry, but now you have Ubuntu on your hard drive it is impossible to revert back. You will have to purchase a new hard drive. As you have Ubuntu installed on your computer, you will also have to send $50 per month to the Free Software Foundation to avoid prosecution. This will be for the rest of your life.
    Lol. Hey, you agreed to the terms of the GPL. Didn't you read it all?

Quote Originally Posted by timgood View Post
    Q. I am having a problem with Unbuntu/Ubunut/various mispellings...
    A. I am sorry, this forum is for Ubuntu users only. Try the Unbuntu/Ubunut/various mispellings forum instead.
    Ubunut is my favorite. I'm thinking about having an ubunutbutter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

But honestly, there have probably been many times that I didn't bite my tongue that I should have. Only in the Cafe, of course.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by forrestcupp View Post

But honestly, there have probably been many times that I didn't bite my tongue that I should have. Only in the Cafe, of course.
    You and me both. On the other hand, there is an issue regarding questions in the "help" sections of Ubuntu Forums that pops up so frequently (particularly, it seems, in the gaming section) that I finally added a signature line to my profile to address it, so I wouldn't have to type it into every response I make.
    If you are asking about a problem with your system, make sure to give details about your setup. OTHERWISE, NO ONE CAN HELP YOU.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by thatguruguy View Post
    You and me both. On the other hand, there is an issue regarding questions in the "help" sections of Ubuntu Forums that pops up so frequently (particularly, it seems, in the gaming section) that I finally added a signature line to my profile to address it, so I wouldn't have to type it into every response I make.
    That ruins an easy way to run your post count up.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Sometimes I see posts and have to figuratively 'bite my tongue' to prevent an unhelpful response. But these are some of the things I am tempted to say.
    Slight correction:

Q. $(SOFTWARE) sux! $(OTHER_SOFTWARE) rools etc. etc....