Thread: 10.04, Acer Aspire Revo R3610, No Flash Audio

Beans

10.04, Acer Aspire Revo R3610, No Flash Audio

I've seen other threads which seem to have died regarding this, apologies for starting a new one but hoping to find some new information, or at least troubleshoot it to solution myself here.

I have an Acer Aspire Revo R3610, with a clean install of Ubuntu Desktop 10.04. Initially everything worked fine, then at some point after an update (possibly of the Flash player) I no longer have audio in Flash movies whatsoever. Audio for other things (audio files, movies, system sounds) is fine and plays normally. I have followed several posts elsewhere to no avail, short of removing Pulseaudio and replacing it with Esound - which I am concerned to try incase it renders my system entirely inoperable.

Any suggestions, kind folks?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: 10.04, Acer Aspire Revo R3610, No Flash Audio

Beans

Thanks for the link, just a small part of the "No sound in flash, but sound works elsewhere" tip fixed it for me. I think it's for an earlier version of Ubuntu, as several of the commands don't work, including apt-get commands to install packages that don't exist. However, after running through the whole thing ignoring errors I got, sound worked again. I had to reboot, and reset my sound setting to HDMI output and turn the volume back up.

Thanks again for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by seffyroff View Post
    Thanks for the link, just a small part of the "No sound in flash, but sound works elsewhere" tip fixed it for me. I think it's for an earlier version of Ubuntu, as several of the commands don't work, including apt-get commands to install packages that don't exist. However, after running through the whole thing ignoring errors I got, sound worked again. I had to reboot, and reset my sound setting to HDMI output and turn the volume back up.

Thanks again for the help!
    You are welcome.