Thread: two issues/questions about Ubuntu Netbook Remix

Beans

two issues/questions about Ubuntu Netbook Remix

I installed UNR on an old laptop that'll be used around the living room by both me and the kids, so I set up multiple accounts and made myself and Admin. In Users and Groups, my account IS set to require password to login, and kids' account isn't. However, the machine is not going to the login window on boot -- it just goes straight to my account. Is there a way to fix this or will UNR always boot to the account created upon installation (mine) without a login prompt?

2nd issue: I installed Google Chrome from the .deb on my account and it showed up right away in the Internet tab of the home screen, but it doesn't show up on the home screen when I switch it over to the kids' account. Do I need to reinstall from each account or is there a simple way to make it available to them?

Thanks, all...

Beans

Re: two issues/questions about Ubuntu Netbook Remix

1. system-> login

2. home screen? do you mean favorites?
    if so, use the "add to favorites" icon on the right corner.

Beans

Thanks Kerry -- Will check System-->Login when I get home. As for #2, I can't add it to Favorites on the kids' account because it doesn't show up on any of the tabs on the home/launcher app (i.e., that's what I really meant in the OP). I expected it to just show up on the Internet tab like it did on my own user account after I installed, but it's not there.
    Last edited by RwL; October 8th, 2010 at 04:18 PM.

Beans

try: system-> main menu
    click internet on the right, then check the browser, if its already checked, uncheck it then recheck it.

Beans

Thanks, Kerry. Chrome didn't actually appear in Main Menu on the kids' account, but I got it there via the New Item button, and then I could add it to Favorites. Oh, and the options were pretty obvious once I went to the Login Window app too. Appreciate it!