Thread: Ati Radeon HD4650 Mobility

Beans

Ati Radeon HD4650 Mobility

Hello.
    I have a problem with installing drivers for ATI Radeon HD4650 Mobility on my notebook HP.

I downloaded driver from official site of Ati Radeon. After that I use command:
    Code:
    sudo sh "packagename.run"
    After that installer (like in windows) opened and I follow the instructions. When it comes to end I go to terminal and use command "aticonfig --initial". That should do something with xorg if I understood right in manual of drivers.

But after that I restart a computer and system works pretty slow. When I try to move windows it's stucking and so on --> graphic problems. Before installing all was good (default drivers which comes with debian).

So I'm asking if I need to edit xorg.conf file or anything to make this driver to work?

I'm using ubuntu 10,04.

I'm sorry if similiar thread is posted, I used search many times today and I didn't found right thread/solution.

Thanks for help in advance

Beans

Re: Ati Radeon HD4650 Mobility

I was reading a book about Genghis Khan when I made my account and I empathized with aspects of his life. It doesn't mean I want to kill everyone. You're taking the interweb too seriously. I'm trying to help you, seriously. Use the eye test.

Beans

Re: Ati Radeon HD4650 Mobility

Thanks for help.
    Already I'm working on it. I have just one question. Do I need to work that with stopped gdm?