Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eGalaxTouch touchscreen clicks on second tap

Beans

eGalaxTouch touchscreen clicks on second tap

I have installed eGalaxTouch drivers for my usb touchscreen and they work fine (on ubuntu 8.04, I had problems with newer versions).
    The problem is that when I tap the screen the cursor moves there and if I tap there again only then the click happens.

It's probably supposed to be a correct behaviour, but it's not acceptable in my case. How can I configure it to click on every tap?

Beans

Re: eGalaxTouch touchscreen clicks on second tap

There should have been some sort of utility that got installed along with the driver that let's you modify the behavior of the touchscreen. I think it's called eGalaxtouch or something like that. Try running sudo eGalaxtouch (try using tab completion to find the right command) from the command line.

Beans

I used the utility to calibrate positions. I also looked through all the avaliable options. Most of them are disabled and I have no idea why.

I saw no options that could affect clicking.
    "current mode" might change something, but change option is also disabled. The value is set to "normal"
    I suppose there is a file where the settings are kept. Or maybe I can set it up in xorg.conf somehow.

Beans

I had that same problem (greyed out settings boxes) on my eGalax too... I never figured out a way to fix it. I couldn't get the eGalax driver to work at all in Lucid so I'm not sure what else to do.

Beans

Solved with ubuntu 10.04
    [not sure, but it might work with earlier versions.]

Without installing the eGalaxTouch support I got everything working great with default evdev setup in ubuntu 10.04 adding these commands to fix the old problems with rotation / swapped axes. Correct tap behaviour was present out-of-the-box.

Code:
    xinput set-prop --type=int --format=8 "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" "Evdev Axes Swap" 1
    fixed the swap

if Y is inverted, use this:
    Code:
    xinput set-int-prop "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" "Evdev Axis Inversion" 8 0 1
    and then calibration:
    Code:
    xinput set-prop --type=int --format=32 "eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 57 1938 162 1979
    to get Your own calibration numbers You need this:
    http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Soft...put_calibrator

building from source:

#for fresh desktop install You'll need some packages:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install g++ autoconf libtool xorg-dev
    unpack the calibrator, cd to the folder and run
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh
    make
    cd to the src folder and run
    Code:
     ./xinput_calibrator_x11
    do the clicks and it will write Your config to console.

binary built on ubuntu 10.04 32bit
    xinput_calibrator_x11.zip
    Last edited by naugtur; May 10th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Beans

Awesome, I'll try this when I get home

Beans

Well, no success for me... touching the screen still just makes the cursor fly around randomly

Beans

Are You sure You're trying this on Ubuntu 10.04? When I was using 8.04 it didn't work.

Also call
    Code:
    xinput list
    and see if Your device name is the same as in my example. You might have it under a different name there.

"eGalax Inc. USB TouchController" is what showed up on the list on my machine.

And if it really moves "randomly" (in a manner that seems unrelated to Your finger movement) then I think data from the device is being interpreted as from ordinary mouse. I have no idea how, but You might need to disable the classic mouse driver.

Beans

Hi naugter,

Im having the same issues. Tried to xinput set-prop and it was unable to find the device.

Heres my xinput list

⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ EVTouch TouchScreen id=10 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ Macintosh mouse button emulation id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ EVTouch TouchScreen id=11 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=6 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus id=7 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Acer Crystal Eye webcam id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=13 [slave keyboard (3)]
    I see EVTouch two times there. Tried instead of "Egalax Inc. USB TouchController" the "EVTouch Touchscreen" but still unable to find the device.

Next i went to /dev/input/by-id/usb-eGalax_Inc._USB_TouchController-event-if00 just for experiment, but didnt work either.

With ur attatchment the calibration did seem to work, at least it registred the touch on the screen.

Hope u can help, the touchscreen worked fine in 9.10. In the end i ended up editing the evtouch calibration file manually. Can that still be done?

PS - reacted to u in another threat to, but didnt see it was marked as solved already

thx for ur help

Beans

It should be eGalax... not EVTouch TouchScreen, but the problem isn't there.

You have it twice on the list, so You probably calibrate only one of them and it's not the right one. Try putting id numbers instead of "eGalax...".
    And do a search for problems with touchscreen driver appearing twice. I saw a few of those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast