Thread: Issues with 64-bit CD iso

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Issues with 64-bit CD iso

I'm having issues burning the 64-bit ISO. I currently have 32-bit installed and wanted to have a fresh 64-bit build. The MD5 checks out OK. I tried burning it in Windows with Nero, in my 32-bit Ubuntu, at reduced speeds, and no dice. I had no issues burning the 32-bit ISO. The burn always bombs out on closing or finalizing the CD.

Anyone else had issues or know of any other way I could get a 64-bit install going?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Issues with 64-bit CD iso

well thats pretty strange. assuming you don't get lucky and its burns, you could try the alternate install disc http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/down...rors#alternate. that one might burn (but so should the regular one so...)
    Or try burning the multi-language dvd if you dont have a problem d/ling a whole dvd.

neither of these i have tried, but should work.
    Use uSbuntu usb creator and install off a usb stick.
    You could try the wubi installer, but never tried and personally i wouldn't. maybe i am ignorant though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Issues with 64-bit CD iso

Well, something was going on with my burner, I guess. Same one I made the 32-bit one with, but I had to use my girlfriend's to get it to burn smoothly.