Thread: ALC883 no sound..

Beans

Exclamation ALC883 no sound..

hi, new user here [less than a week].
    Currently im using 8.10 on my Acer Aspire 5050 with this sound card:

card 0: SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
    Subdevices: 1/1
    Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

And the problem is there is no sound at all and I`ve tried numerous guides n solutions from the forums yet nothing worked. There is only sound when I plug in my headphones.

Is there anyone out there who has the same model/specs like mine n worked it out?

Beans

Re: ALC883 no sound..

okay now i got the sound working, but i had to unmute everything [except the mic] to get the laptop speakers make some noise. But now the downside is, when i plug in the headphones, it won't detect it so both the headphone and the speakers make sound.

help?

Beans

Lightbulb Re: ALC883 no sound..

FIXED [i think]:

Headphones Volume = Front Speakers

Laptop Speakers Volume = Surround Speakers

The Volume Control panel has it all mixed up. To make my life easier, in System>Pref>Sound i set the surround to be controlled with the keyboard. So that when i plug in my headphones i just mute it up with my keyboard default volume control buttons and use my headphone's volume knob[it came with it].

If anyone found a way to set back all the correct volume settings for each speakers, please let me know..thanx

Beans

Bump! can anyone help, please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Add "options snd-hda-intel model=auto" (without quotes or bold) to your /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base .
    This way, speakers works ok, but not the earphones. If you comment the line above, the earphones works. Kinda anoying, but i haven't figured other way of doing so.