Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Angry NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Hi all,

I need some help in this. I remember using the NowPlaying screenlet in Gutsy, and it worked very well in retrieving and displaying cover arts from my MP3 files. Since I've upgraded to Hardy and installed the new screenlet (ver 0.1.2), I'm unable to view them at all!

Here's a sample of the music being played in Amarok:

And here's the one with the NowPlaying at the right-hand side:

FYI, the cover art is embedded into the ID3 tags, and believe me when I say that it worked in Gutsy in that condition!

I hope someone can help me? I'm really into desktop cuztomization, and want to do this a whole lot!

Thanks!

p/s: I've already installed the python-dcop as well.

Beans
    Distro

Re: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

Bumping this up!

Beans
    Distro

just to make sure, i've already installed python-dcop, so it shouldn't be that problem...or is it?
    Last edited by jusuchin85; June 18th, 2008 at 08:59 PM.

Beans

Nah, I think it's because NowPlaying gets the covers from Amazon, and Amazon has changed their databases so it can't find them anymore.

Beans

NowPlaying DOES NOT donwloads cover art from internet, it uses the ones in your PC.

By the way.. I have the same issue... and it was working before the last screenlets update...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by migueletorres View Post
    NowPlaying DOES NOT donwloads cover art from internet, it uses the ones in your PC.

By the way.. I have the same issue... and it was working before the last screenlets update...
    If NowPlaying can't find a local path for a cover, it does actually try to find the cover from Amazon instead.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by rune0077 View Post
    #1: Nah, I think it's because NowPlaying gets the covers from Amazon, and Amazon has changed their databases so it can't find them anymore.

#2: If NowPlaying can't find a local path for a cover, it does actually try to find the cover from Amazon instead.
    Hmm, I don't really think that was the issue. It's true that there's an option for NowPlaying to attain covers from Amazon, but maybe what you pointed out is true as well; since Amazon has changed their database and all.

Quote Originally Posted by migueletorres View Post

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that part; the last version before the latest one worked out perfectly! I remember it attaining the covers directly from the ID3 tags of the playing MP3.

Hmm, it could be the Python codes, but I'm not really sure. If anyone out there who are using the screenlet and making it work under Hardy, I hope I can hear a solution from you! Thanks (Honto arigatou!)

Beans

I've Just tested NowPlaying with rhythmbox, and cover art works well, so it is an issue only on amarok.

Can somebody help us?
    Last edited by migueletorres; June 21st, 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: NowPlaying Screenlet + Amarok = No Cover Shown

hello all,

sorry for the late reply. been having exams this week, so real life issues come first!

anyways;

@migueletorres

thanks for testing out with rhythmbox. too bad it didnt work under amarok for you too. i'll try to report to the developer of this version and see whet he can do abt it.

also, i've tested with screenlets version 0.0.14, and it worked great! The NowPlaying screenlet works like a charm. so definitely an issue with the 0.1.2. So, in the meantime, i'm using this version for the moment...until the matter is resolved!
    Last edited by jusuchin85; June 27th, 2008 at 07:41 AM.

Beans

Hey guy! I did it!!
    www.screenlets.org
    1. i just deleted any mention to screenlets
    2. add to your sources.list deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gilir/ubuntu gutsy main universe.
    3. install from synaptic then screenlets
    4. Nowplaying works with amarok now.
    Bye and luck!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast