Thread: [Macbook Pro] Need Help with Wireless

Beans

Question [Macbook Pro] Need Help with Wireless

Hi, I'm looking for anyone that has installed wireless into their Ubuntu partition on their Macbook Pro. The reason I can't refer to the wiki or just install ndiswrapper is because I've done all that I can and am still having major troubles. This is the last aspect I would like to get out of the way before I find that my laptop is ready and settled for Ubuntu, so please do help.

If someone has or hasn't done this, I could use some step by step instructions or just general guidance. I've tried my best but I've had no luck getting wireless networks set up. I'm a new Ubuntu user but I can understand some of the basic commands.

This is the last aspect I would like to get out of the way before I find that my laptop is ready and settled for Ubuntu, so please do help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: [Macbook Pro] Need Help with Wireless

Quote Originally Posted by boarder4021 View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for anyone that has installed wireless into their Ubuntu partition on their Macbook Pro. The reason I can't refer to the wiki or just install ndiswrapper is because I've done all that I can and am still having major troubles. This is the last aspect I would like to get out of the way before I find that my laptop is ready and settled for Ubuntu, so please do help.

If someone has or hasn't done this, I could use some step by step instructions or just general guidance. I've tried my best but I've had no luck getting wireless networks set up. I'm a new Ubuntu user but I can understand some of the basic commands.

This is the last aspect I would like to get out of the way before I find that my laptop is ready and settled for Ubuntu, so please do help.
    the wiki pages do give step by step instructions... please say what version macbook pro you have (as different version have different hardware) and try to give some better indication of what is not working... Did the driver install? Can you see wireless networks?