Thread: Where did all these packages come from?

Beans

Where did all these packages come from?

Hi,

Is there a way of checking why I'm pulling in certain packages, and whether it's just an update or an accidental pull of new packages? This morning, out of nowhere, update manager had me pull 54 or so packages, all relating to KDE, and I'm not sure if those packages were installed and are just getting updated, or if, in fact, I did something that would cause them to be downloaded all of a sudden.

Last night, I tried to install qasis-libs-dev or somesuch, but I ctrl-C'd out of aptitude because it told me one of the dependencies is broken. Could that have something to do with it? I doubt it, and everything's probably fine, but just have to check

cheers

Beans

Re: Where did all these packages come from?

Something relating to Qt or KDE probably was installed, and KDE software does tend to be updated very often (not that I am expressing any views against KDE)
    Find me on IRC in #ubuntu, #ubuntu-server, and #ubuntu-offtopic

Beans

Re: Where did all these packages come from?

Ah, I did install a qt lib for qavimator a while back, but I don't recall it sucking down 50 other packages at the time... maybe they were already there and didn't require updating or something. Oh well