Thread: windows xp host ubuntu guest usb probs

Beans

windows xp host ubuntu guest usb probs

hey guys, i have set up ubuntu in virtualbox on my winxp host. it seems to be working fine even though i admit that i am flumexed as to how people know what terminal words etc to type to get things done.
    anyway, i wanted to know how to get the ubuntu guest os to recognise the usb flash drive when i put it in as the host does but nothing at all happens in ubuntu. i have made a temporary fix by sharing the 'e' drive under xp as i was directed how to set up sharing with something called samba and by sharing the 'e' drive that the drive shows as, ubuntu has it in the network folder.

can someone direct me how to simply plug it in and get it recognised? i am sorry but it would need to be EVERY step and button press as iknow how to bring up the terminal but haven't a clue from there.
    cheers

Beans

Re: windows xp host ubuntu guest usb probs

come on guys, any ideas?

Beans

Re: windows xp host ubuntu guest usb probs

surely someone can help!

when i put my mouse over the icon in virtualbox while ubuntu is running(the guest) that shows USB devices, it is pailed out and says 'no USB devices attached' so i think it is in virtualbox that something is missing(?)