Thread: Upgrading w/ additional desktop enviornments already installed

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Upgrading w/ additional desktop enviornments already installed

I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy and I want to upgrade to Hardy. However, besides GNOME I also have the KDE and Xfce desktops installed. Will this affect the upgrade? And if so, do I just remove the KDE and Xfce desktop packages via synaptic to get rid of them, or do I need to do it through the terminal (in which case I would require some help with the commands)?
    Thank you in advance everyone.
    Root Using in the Pennsyltuckian hinterlands since 06, still only opens emacs to look for it's easter eggs.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Upgrading w/ additional desktop enviornments already installed

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalgerbil View Post
    I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy and I want to upgrade to Hardy. However, besides GNOME I also have the KDE and Xfce desktops installed. Will this affect the upgrade? And if so, do I just remove the KDE and Xfce desktop packages via synaptic to get rid of them, or do I need to do it through the terminal (in which case I would require some help with the commands)?
    Thank you in advance everyone.
    it should present no problem, I run a mixed environment and had no issues. As long as you have one desktop metapackage installed it should be ok.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Ok, sounds good. Guess I'll find out tomorrow how things work out. Thanks for the help.
    Root Using in the Pennsyltuckian hinterlands since 06, still only opens emacs to look for it's easter eggs.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

+1 to Oldsoldier2003: I upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10 with KDE installed. So both the Gnome and KDE components got upgraded to the 7.10 version.
    Sayak Banerjee
    KDE Sysadmin | KDE e.V.
    Need help? Contact us.