Thread: HOWTO: Create Breezy Final ISO with existing Breezy Preview CD (Less download!!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Cool HOWTO: Create Breezy Final ISO with existing Breezy Preview CD (Less download!!)

Step 1:Create a directory for the files and cd into it

chanders@ubuntu:~$ mkdir Breezy
    chanders@ubuntu:~$ cd Breezy
    chanders@ubuntu:~/Breezy$

Step 2:Install jigdo-file

chanders@ubuntu:~Breezy$ sudo apt-get install jigdo-file

Step 3:Get the necessary files for Breezy in jigdo to work

chanders@ubuntu:~Breezy$ wget http://releases.ubuntu.com/5.10/ubun...all-i386.jigdo
    chanders@ubuntu:~Breezy$ wget http://releases.ubuntu.com/5.10/ubun...-i386.template

Step 4:Insert your Breezy Preview CD and make sure it is mounted (will be mounted as /media/cdrom0 usually)

Step 5:Run jigdo

chanders@ubuntu:~Breezy$ jigdo-lite ubuntu-5.10-install-i386.jigdo

when prompted for cd location type '/media/cdrom0' without the quotes, then press enter

Step 6:After it is finished, when prompted for mirror location enter 'http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/' without the quotes

Step 7:You will see all the extra files being downloaded.... be patient.....

Step 8:Make sure when it is all finished you see 'OK: Checksums match, image is good!'

Step 9:You should now have a brand spanking new ISO to burn! Right click on the file in Nautilus -> Burn to disk

Step 10:Enjoy Breezy!
    Last edited by chanders; October 13th, 2005 at 10:21 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: HOWTO: Create Breezy Final ISO with existing Breezy Preview CD (Less download!!)

Regarding Step 2: You should install jigdo-file and not jigdo-lite (this last package does not exist).
    Code:
     sudo apt-get install jigdo-file
    Regarding Step 3: I needed to download the .template file (note that this is a Kubuntu release) also
    Code:
     wget http://82.211.81.153/kubuntu/5.10/kubuntu-5.10-install-i386.template
    Regarding Step 5: After this process is completed, press enter to go to the next step.

Regarding Step 6: It is then, that you input the correct mirror details

Otherwise, thanks for the HOWTO
    Last edited by Manny C; October 13th, 2005 at 08:07 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

Re: HOWTO: Create Breezy Final ISO with existing Breezy Preview CD (Less download!!)

Thanks Manny C.... HOWTO fixed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Can confirm that this worked (at least to the point of having a cd with correct md5sums).

Yet to install. Waiting to get home and to my wireless network and WEP config.
    Kind Regards
    Manny C
    "We are on the road to producing a race of men too mentally modest to believe in the multiplication table." G.K. Chesterton
    --
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10, KDE 3.5.0, Kernel 2.6.12-10-386, Compaq Presario 2267ap, RLU #399975.

Beans

Hi,

If I do normal upgrade isn't it goin to upgrade the distribution?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Yep...but it won't be a clean install (ie. config files may not be updated and new breezy default settings may not be all right).

Procedure above, reduces d/l needed for a Breezy Badger ISO. Can confirm it worked perfectly now.
    Kind Regards
    Manny C
    "We are on the road to producing a race of men too mentally modest to believe in the multiplication table." G.K. Chesterton
    --
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10, KDE 3.5.0, Kernel 2.6.12-10-386, Compaq Presario 2267ap, RLU #399975.