Thread: Is there a Vitualization That does 3D Video?

Beans
    Hidden!

Question Is there a Vitualization That does 3D Video?

Hello,

Is there a virtualization software that can do Direct X 9 or that can handle it properly in a Windows XP Guest?

I am trying to run a very popular Winblows PVR (as on TV recording) and a Video Editing package that is able to do MPEG2, DVIX and MP4 on a Windows guest but it uses a video overlay is not provided by any of the VM packages I have read about.

All of this VM packages say is very difficult to do and some Open Source software organizations say is possible but I have no information of a piece of code that handles this very important need.

As I am a newbie to Linux and Ubuntu, I will like to save time and get this setup done so I can get to free some of my time and resources to keep on learning Linux.

All help will be appreciated.

Peace to all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Is there a Vitualization That does 3D Video?

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithy View Post
    Hello,

Is there a virtualization software that can do Direct X 9 or that can handle it properly in a Windows XP Guest?

I am trying to run a very popular Winblows PVR (as on TV recording) and a Video Editing package that is able to do MPEG2, DVIX and MP4 on a Windows guest but it uses a video overlay is not provided by any of the VM packages I have read about.

All of this VM packages say is very difficult to do and some Open Source software organizations say is possible but I have no information of a piece of code that handles this very important need.

As I am a newbie to Linux and Ubuntu, I will like to save time and get this setup done so I can get to free some of my time and resources to keep on learning Linux.

All help will be appreciated.

Peace to all.
    As long as you are not trying anything involving 3d you should try virtualbox, and i think you will be able to run whatever you need easily.
    Registered Linux user 446122 , Registered Machine 352936.