Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending documents from Libreoffice to Thunderbird pop3 (ubuntu 18.04)

Beans
    Hidden!

Sending documents from Libreoffice to Thunderbird pop3 (ubuntu 18.04)

I have reinstalled Thunderbird, which I use via pop3 mail.

I can not get documents in LibreOffice to be sent to Thunderbird. Does any one know why? It has been suggested that the sending into thunderbird needs SimpleMapi, that is not supported by Ubuntu. Is this the real reason?

Within Ubuntu and Libreoffice the default email program is set as Thunderbird.

Beans

Re: Sending documents from Libreoffice to Thunderbird pop3 (ubuntu 18.04)

Is your Thunderbird installed as a Snap or from deb? I see both listed in Software. Thunderbird Mail is from deb and Thunderbird is Snap. Snaps have issues integrating with other apps.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

If I choose File > Send > Email Document in LibreOffice, it opens my Thunderbird email composer with the document included as an attachment.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    If I choose File > Send > Email Document in LibreOffice, it opens my Thunderbird email composer with the document included as an attachment.
    I am going to jump on my 19.10 machine and see if it works like this with the Snap.
    Never mind, Gmail refuses to even authenticate the snap. This method is working properly for the deb.
    Last edited by uRock; October 30th, 2019 at 04:11 PM.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Hidden!

I think the best way to understand why I can not send docs from Libreoffice to TB would be to check the log files. Which ones should I look at?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

i think that snap applications are looking for other applications to also be snaps. the simple solution is to have LibreOffice save the document on disk as a file in your Documents folder or somewhere else of your choosing then have Thunderbird browse that folder and attach that one when you see it in there.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Robbyx View Post
    I think the best way to understand why I can not send docs from Libreoffice to TB would be to check the log files. Which ones should I look at?
    these kind of applications generally do not produce log file output.
    Mask wearer, Social distancer, System Administrator, Programmer, Linux advocate, Command Line user, Ham radio operator (KA9WGN/8, tech), Photographer (hobby), occasional tweetXer

Beans
    Hidden!

I have been saving the file to disk and then adding it to an email address. It is a bit chunky as a method and I would have liked to use the send method instead.

I can not use snap because I use xanmod's kernel.

Beans
    Distro

is this expected to be a means in LibreOffice to "mail this document" and it would launch the mail client with the document already attached, ready for you to enter the to:, cc:, and bcc: email addresses and either send now or edit a message?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Skaperen View Post
    is this expected to be a means in LibreOffice to "mail this document" and it would launch the mail client with the document already attached, ready for you to enter the to:, cc:, and bcc: email addresses and either send now or edit a message?
    It should open the typical window for creating an email, with the document attached.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast