Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: how to use fonts

Beans

Re: how to use fonts

Oops yes, I need to watch for this in future, and be more careful not cause confusion.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i thought some about ubuntu and lubuntu, being different this morning. it does explain why i dont have the same settings.
    i also toggled, 'browser.zoom.site Specific' to false. i will let ya'all know how it turns out. thanks.
    bitsmpcs; dont worry about confusing me,. i confuse myself. lol
    Last edited by oneleded; February 25th, 2019 at 10:54 PM.
    the only bad question is one that is not asked.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans

Thank You for your patience

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

what i am trying to accomplish is to have, all pages or sites with the same word size. the pages i go to are multi functional, so the words on a part of the page might have a different size. when i use Ctrl +, the page gets bigger here. the orange bar at the top stays the same. Quick Links | Forum Community | Ubuntu Community, start losing the bottom of the word lettering. i can disappear, the horizontal line, to the point it is gone. that is kinda where i am at for the moment.
    the good Lord give me Major Dyslexia so that i might learn. if you dont understand what i write sometimes, that makes two of us.. i confuse myself..

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by bitsnpcs View Post
    Thank You for your patience
    same to you..

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by oneleded View Post
    ... when i use Ctrl +, the page gets bigger here. the orange bar at the top stays the same. Quick Links | Forum Community | Ubuntu Community, start losing the bottom of the word lettering. i can disappear, the horizontal line, to the point it is gone. ...
    This surprised me because it's totally different from what I see when I zoom. The bar grow vertically and at 240% zoom the line of text at the bottom gets wrapped and "Useful Links" gets put on the next line (and vanishes since it's white text on white background). Searching around the menu I found an option in 'View' -> 'Zoom' -> 'Zoom Text only' (Retranslated from German, the actual names of menus and items may differ) which produces the effect you describe. Try setting that option off and see if you like that behaviour better. In case the menu-bar isn't visible for you (I think it is hidden by default, I usually have it visible all the time) hitting F10 will show the menu.

Holger

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

view text only, may be a firefox option, for those that follow this thread.that is where i found it, and hope i got it right. in firefox, click on view/ zoom/,, and that is where i found to uncheck// Zoom Text only....
    Holger_Gehrke; you translation program is good. except for your name, i might not have suspected you spoke German. what program do you use for translation? i'm just curious.
    should i reset the firefox setting,, "browser.zoom.siteSpecfic" to true, and go from there?
    Last edited by oneleded; February 26th, 2019 at 11:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i have to use, Ctrl +, at least 3-4 times till i can read the page. when i mess with the font settings in firefox settings, the pages get weird. the monitor i am using is wide enough for larger letters/words.
    firefox advance font settings have; proportional, monospace, minimum font size. i think the answer may lay here. ed

Beans

There's an extension for Firefox named "NoSquint Plus". It allows you to change the default zoom level and can enforce your own choice of foreground and background colours. Found it through duckduckgo with the search terms 'firefox force zoom'.

Setting 'browser.zoom.siteSpecific' back to true is probably a good idea. As I said in post #10, this setting controls whether firefox remembers zoom settings per site.

And the translation software I use ? 'Holger's Brain v1.0" - I'm in my 50s and have been reading, writing and - on occasion - speaking English a lot for more than 30 years.

Holger

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

i changed my settings back to default, in firefox. things seem to be working OK. not as bad as before, at lease. i am at 133% on most pages. Firefox font settings, have proportional, monospace, an, minimum font size. i dont know what these terms mean as far as a permanent setting. fonts were never explained, with windows, or any OS.
    for a bit of time, i was going to look up, "Holger's Brain v1.0" program, till i caught myself. lols on me.
    i did look up, NoSquintPlus. the program needed to many permissions, 'cookies and such', i decided against it.
    ed.
    Last edited by oneleded; March 1st, 2019 at 01:05 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast