Well. I am <snip>. I installed 13.04 and I can't do anything with it.
First off, I installed firefox-nightly, preload, unity tweak, gnome tweak tool, ubuntu tweak, bumblebee and ccsm. That is all the programs I installed. I have completely Updated the system.
Now, the issues:
1. I can't change the wallpaper. It is stuck on a Silver/White color. According to system settings it is correct.
2. System Settings changed. At first it had Ubuntu tweak, Appearance, etc. Now it is missing items.
3. About Computer says this version of ubuntu is 3.8.0
4. Ubuntu tweak won't start.
5. Unity tweak settings are not permanent.
6. Half of the programs I have installed crash.
7. Software center won't start.
8. I can't change the unity "Panel". The Power Settings "Battery Monitor" is missing.
9. Ubuntu One keeps starting at login. I have repeatedly checked "Do not start at start up"
10. Unity keeps crashing.
11. Compiz is not installed at default. It is now even more buggy.
12. File Permission are wrong.
13. I can't change themes.
14. I can't change Icons.
15. During start up, grub was not completely installed. I had to install it later.
I tried removing the programs I installed except firefox-nightly and Bumblebee. It did not help. I reinstalled and did not install the programs and got the same effects. I am a moderator at 2 different Linux forums, I cannot honestly recommend this to anyone unless SERIOUS fixes are released.