Thread: Labview with Ubuntu

Beans

Labview with Ubuntu

Hello! I was wondering if someone could assist me or give me guidance in how to install LabView for ubuntu. I have a product license key but I just don't know how to get the software onto my laptop. I read in there forums that they have an option for linux but it is for Red Hat and SUSE. Do you think there will be problems if I download using that option?
    thank you :]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Labview with Ubuntu

Yes. Fedora and Suse are different from Debian/Ubuntu. You should check if they have Debian/Ubuntu package.

Send them an email and ask them what they can offer you.

Regards.

I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT A QUANTAL QUETZAL IS...BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE PRETZEL AND I LIKE PRETZEL

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Before anyone suggests it, there is "alien" which lets you convert SOME Redhat packages into .deb packages. I say SOME because I've used it and, in many cases, the conversion simply does not work -- generally because library names and library contents are different betweeh Redhat and Debian.
    Ubuntu 17.04 Mate, Mint 18.1 Mate; MS Win 8.1, MS Win10 Pro.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Have you searched the web for Labview linux installation tutorials? I've seen a few out there. What version of Labview?

It might be easier to make a dual-boot machine and put on a copy of Redhat or SUSE--respecting the correct version. I agree--alien works for some simple packages, but I doubt it will convert Labview without breakage.

Send the Labview folks an email asking for a debian package--they are the experts.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.