Thread: libreoffice will not open

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

libreoffice will not open

I have recently installed Ubuntu 12.10 after running windows 7 and open office for a while, but when I try to open any of my open office spreadsheets or just open LibreOffice all I get is the green splash screen and then it disappears and nothing happens!

Also when I try and open an odt file by clicking on it I again get the green splash screen then I get a white screen with loading document in the bottom left hand corner then that just disappears too!

Any idea's what I can do to get these running properly?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: libreoffice will not open

Try renaming the libreoffice folder in your home (/home/user/.config/libreoffice) as libreofficebak, then try again. Maybe there are some corrupt files in the LO configuration, particularly if it came from a previous OOo configuration; That is what happened to me when I removed OOo and installed LO originally in 10.04.

Just make sure you don't remove your old LO configuration, just rename it, or you'll lose any templates etc, that you have made.
    DISTRO: Xubuntu 14.04-64bit --- Code-tags --- Boot-Repair --- Grub2 wiki & Grub2 Basics --- RootSudo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by ajgreeny View Post
    Try renaming the libreoffice folder in your home (/home/user/.config/libreoffice) as libreofficebak, then try again. Maybe there are some corrupt files in the LO configuration, particularly if it came from a previous OOo configuration; That is what happened to me when I removed OOo and installed LO originally in 10.04.

Just make sure you don't remove your old LO configuration, just rename it, or you'll lose any templates etc, that you have made.
    That didn't do it, I installed it Libreoffice and Ubuntu onto a blank HD, a complete clean install

iMac71 is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

you might try the following command:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall -f -y libreoffice
    that should fix any kind of issues that might have happened during the previous installation process.

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

If that doesn't work, try opening it in terminal.

Code:
    libreoffice
    Get any errors?