Thread: Compiz plugins extra 12.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Compiz plugins extra 12.10

I just returned to ubuntu after a 3 yr use of mint and im loving it so far. I am not getting the burn and explode option in animations/effects. I did my research and I see people downloaded compiz-fusion-plugins-extra package and I tried to find it and it isnt there. How can I get extra effects like burn and explode?

Also, is there a way to change the font colors like in mint? ie panel fonts, window panel fonts etc.

Also, How do you download different themes for 12.10? I have a lot of themes that I use that are saved and everytime I get a new distro, I just download them but i tried here and it said it took but when I click on another pointer, it doesnt come up right away and it only shows up sometimes when i am in firefox. I have also clicked the preloaded pointers/cursors and it still stays on the little white one and sometimes the black shows up in firefox also but wont stay,
    UBUNTU/MINTIE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Compiz plugins extra 12.10

Some of the Compiz Extra and Experimental Plugins are no longer maintained due to developer workload but I can't give an exact list. The compiz-plugins-extra package is a dummy package in 12.10 according to the description in synaptic.

12.10 uses only Gnome 3.6 GTK themes and there is persistent fix for custom cursors but you have to search the forum . Install the Gnome Tweak Tool also if you haven't already.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can".

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

CompizConfig Settings Manager (CCSM) is still in the Ubuntu Software Centre. As already noted, some of the plugins have been removed in 12.10.

There are some Unity settings in the Ubuntu Unity plugin. You can make the top panel and the launcher transparent and reduce the size of the Launcher icons (also in System Settings>Appearance). There is other stuff that I have not messed with. You click on the plugin label to get access to the settings.

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I just went and installed 12.04 over it and ALLLLS WELL. All of the effects I want are in compiz now and its running smoothly. I just LOVE this new UBUNTU. Been away for a few years with mint but im REALLLLLLY diggin this Unity and the new desktop. Just wish I could change the font colors in the panels but thats fine.

Thanks for eveyrones help.
    UBUNTU/MINTIE