Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Document Management System

Beans

Exclamation Document Management System

Hello All,

I am running a business and we have a lot of documents. essentially they are either request of quotation, quotation and customer technical drawings. Till now what we do what we just search for those file in our email but not everyone gets those email and so we have to mail to the people who need those documents and did not get the mail. Is a a document management system which we can use? Something which i perhaps customize to fit the needs of our organization? And it could be shared so everyone can have access to it. it would be great if it also allowed ways to see when it was last modified and by whom and also support version-ing. If you have any ideas on how we can manage our documents better, it would be much appreciated. Although i should let you know that we just cannot use an online service since we do not have enough bandwidth and our internet is very unreliable.

Thanks for your help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Document Management System

If you search the Ubuntu Software Centre you will find a reference to LetoDMS.

http://www.letodms.com/

Regards.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Document Management System

You could also look at http://www.mayan-edms.com/features/

Unfortunately I did not have time to test it so far.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

You could look into DSpace, though it might be overkill for you.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

And the question has been asked on AskUbuntu also - there were other proposals there:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/19923...agement-system

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

some very interesting option shere (we use commercial & proprietary ofcourse and then reduce worker's salaries as there is "not enough money"...).

anyway is there any solution that can be easilly connected with email client?
    Last edited by mastablasta; December 5th, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
    Easy to understand Ubuntu manual with lots of pics: http://ubuntu-manual.org/
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Disk backup (works on newer PC): Clonezilla

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mastablasta View Post
    anyway is there any solution that can be easilly connected with email client?
    How exactly? Procmail will let you massage email messages pretty much at will including piping them to commands and scripts. For instance, you can write a script to save attachments with the uudecode utility in the sharutils package. Then add a procmail recipe to pipe the messages to the script.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans

The mentioned programs seems too complicated. Is there a system which is a little easier?

Beans

Too complicated in what way? Hard to install? Hard to configure? Hard to use?
    You are asking for a complicated service, written by people who don't know your specific needs....
    Perhaps you need something other than a DMS? Like an office workflow adjustment?

Beans

That mayan one looked dirt simple.

Thanks guys, this isn't my thread but I've been wanting a DMS for awhile without knowing what they're called, and every one of these looks worth a try.

Email: I've seen business setups where you just forward an email to an address which is monitored by the DMS, then that's filtered as to who sent it and the subject. Not sure if there's similar functionality in the mentioned products but it would be really handy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast