Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Questverse

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Arrow Questverse

Questverse will be an anime space visual novel, with pinches of comedy, mystery, rpg and simulation being developed solely by Lua Games. Create your alter-ego, take decisions which will shape him, grow and adventure through the universe.

Game site: www.questverse.com
    Last edited by Lunarts; February 27th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Questverse: Anime Space RPG

Was caught off guard with the forum limit to edit post1; which makes impossible for me to weekly update such thread post, which is the most important, as it is the topic 'cover'.

So I made a new topic but this time in a way it will not be necessary to change the first topic post. The youtube video is in reality a linked image to a redirect to my game most current video, as posting a fixed link will have no use as I would not be able to update the video later due to forum restrictions.

Old topic was here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2032736

Usually I would request its removal, but it features some very good hints for others, so I will leave it there, just requesting a topic name change and lock to new comments.
    Last edited by Lunarts; August 29th, 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hello once more, here is this month status report:

Questverse audience keep growing slowly, already being into an acceptable range, but I believe which the publicize step of the game already passed some time ago; after studying in theory and pratice how a kickstarter works, I'm now focused in first finishing the game and only later doing additional publicizing; I noticed one thing is having a faithfull audience, other is to convice them to finance your project. I will update this topic at a monthly cycle, from the last month to the current one I started to show some 3D game characters, I made some changes to the promo video(as usual), textured, and showed a little about how the game dialogue system will look like. If you want to check it out, visit http://www.indiedb.com/games/questverse

We will meet again at the next month report, follow the above site for the most current updates.

Beans
    Distro

Here is this month status report.

This month I learned a bit about SEO(Search Engine Optimization), improved the character creation scene, did public votation polls to verify on your opinion, gathered hardware specifications and showed two charts with technical details about the game. The dialogue and enviroment interaction system implementation are close of being done, even more taking in account I do not play any games anymore(I just work on my game now up to next october). Check it out at http://www.indiedb.com/games/questverse for more details about what was talked about. You can also participate on the votation polls there or follow one of the game social network profiles. Thank you very much.

Until the next report friends
    Last edited by Lunarts; October 21st, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Looks interesting!
    Holding a LAN party? Check out LAN Party Mania (detailed LAN information for games)
    http://lanpartymania.com

Beans
    Distro

Hello friends, here is this month report:

Taking in account which the time to work on the true gameplay has arrived(from today or tomorrow on), this month I studied about how to create semi-automatized and better armatures, and I already implemented the possibility to equip objects on any bone of the character body; I also switched from ubuntu to Xubuntu, used more effects at my work in progress game trailer and other small things. If you want images, videos and details, check http://www.indiedb.com/games/questverse

Thanks, and until next time!

Obs: Thanks Holastickboy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Interesting indeed. Keep up the good work!

Beans
    Distro

Thanks weasel firce!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

EDIT:: Well it looks like your links at the top that I missed already answered most of my questions. Now just wondering about your programming experience before delving into this game

Looks good. I'm gonna give it a go.. I got a couple questions for ya if you don't mind answering. Is this your first project? I ask because you talk about learning other things to implement in to the game.. Also are you the only developer on this project and what language is it in? Just me being curious

Thanks,
    Tony

Beans
    Distro

I'm happy you liked my work sir.sargento(or Tony, which you prefer?)

I guess I code with python since 2007, with html+css since 2011(I also tried basic variants) and too have a little knowledge about GLSL and php. I will showcase the game executable only after some intensive voluntary alpha/beta testing. The alpha user executable which may come at december end or january end will not be a complete demo yet.

This is my first project, but I aim to make it be special already, also, even if this wasn't my first game I would still need to learn(there is always something new).

Obs: There is no user game executable yet
    Last edited by Lunarts; December 3rd, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast