Thread: Razer Nostromo help

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Unhappy Razer Nostromo help

Hello. I just bought a Razer Nostromo gaming keypad thing... And I wanted to use it with my Ubuntu laptop. I downloaded the Windows drivers and ran them in Wine. It installed successfully, but when I run it, it says I don't have the Nostromo connected. Is there a way to make Wine see connected hardware or something?

Beans

Re: Razer Nostromo help

I bought one recently too and would love to get it working in my Ubuntu 11.04 install. I've tried running through this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=538319

to no luck. Would love if somebody with more knowledge than I could figure this puzzle out. The device will really help my hurting wrists!

Beans

Could you please describe the problems you had when following my instructions?

Beans

The Razer Nostromo is not the same as the n52.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I was looking for linux drivers a few minutes ago, since I was considering buying a Razer Nostromo. Google turned up this source forge project for an esport compliant driver and configuration gui based in Java.

jNostromo Link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jnostromo/

The project description is as follows:
    jnostromo provides drivers for the Razer Nostromo & Belkin N52/N52te designed to be E-Sport legal. Profiles are unique user defined keymappings and can be created for each game. Each profile can have up to 8 unique keymaps with mappings to switch between keymaps.

jnostromo includes an easy to use configuration gui to map keys from the nostromo to the keyboard and/or mouse. The configuration gui can be hidden and at any time, the gui can be displayed by clicking on the system tray icon.

Its the goal of this project to make jnostromo the driver of choice for E-Sports and competitive gamers!
    Hope this helps. Let me know if it works.

I'd love to get the speedpad, but only if I can find usable drivers and can configure profiles for it like on less preferable operating systems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have a Nostromo and I have been using jnostromo for the last few versions. It does work and is pretty easy to setup (particularly with the latest version), but it is not without flaw. Each time I load it, I have to import my saved profile and I have not been able to bind multiple keys to it. For example, I like to modify the scroll wheel to press Tab on a scroll up and then Shift+Tab on a scroll down, but the software does not allow the binding of Shift+Tab. Bottom line is that the software works perfectly if you don't need to change too much and if you don't mind importing your profile each time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I wonder if the inability to bind Shift+Tab is linked to the driver being "e-sport legal". No macros and perhaps no multiple keys at the same time?

As for the importing of profiles my immediate question would be "can the profile be loaded by specifying the path and filename of the profile as a command line argument? ". This wouldn't be ideal fix, but would at least save time setting it up each time jnostromo is started.

It is curious that it doesn't load the last profile used on start up.

Beans

Just got a nostromo from a woot sale, was worried i wasnt going to be able to make profiles for it. Works great.