Thread: iSight crashes the firefox flash plugin

Beans

Unhappy iSight crashes the firefox flash plugin

Hi all,

I have an iMac Intel whit, now almost three years old, on which I installed Ubuntu 10.4 in dual boot.
    Almost everything works, including the built-in isight webcam ( it works with Cheese and aMsn for instance ).
    Among the non working bits there is the one mentioned in the title: if I enable the webcam for the firefox flash plugin, the plugin crashes showing the cute sad face and the message "The Adobe Flash plugin is crashed". The plugin works fine at showing video (also other people webcams) so I believe it is an issue with the iSight.

I have the following package installed:

linux-image-2.6.32-22-generic
    mozilla-firefox 3.6.8
    flash player plugin : 10,1,82,76 (as reported by http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ )
    isight-firmware-tools 1.4.2-3 which I used to extract the firmware from the OS X10.3 (Tiger) driver.

P.S : the isight works fine with safari and flash on OS/X. Not tried jet firefox on OS/X.

Tanks in advance for any help

Ciao
    -----
    Francesco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: iSight crashes the firefox flash plugin

Beings this is the only thread, and 2 years old, I will post in it.
    I am having the same problems as this fellow above me.
    I am using ubuntu 11.10 and have installed the latest flash as well as installed the AppleUSBsupport plugin for the iSight.
    It works well in cheese, but in firefox it crashes the adobe flash plugin as soon as it recognizes my webcam.
    I would really appreciate the help as I am an avid user of tinychat.
    Thank you for all who reply.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Still no one? Wow...I guess the webcam isn't important to most What a shame.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.