Thread: Eee Slate EP121 - Reporting Bugs

Threaded View

Beans

Question Eee Slate EP121 - Reporting Bugs

Dear Eee Slate EP121 Users,

since the Slate functionality in ubuntu is faaaar from perfect I would like to report all bugs related to this piece of hardware and Ubuntu 12.10 - Quantal Quetzal to launchpad.

So I am searching in a first step allies which want to become "responsibles" of one or several bugs (sending bug reports and follow up). In a next step we should identify the hardware related bugs and distribute them according the individual interest of each "responsible".

Who wants to report bugs?!

Also I would be very gratefull, if you could click for each bug on the corresponding bug-reporting-page: "This bug affects X person. Does this bug affect you?"

Bugs by category

Touchscreen

Bug: 1041930 - Cannot navigate in nautilius using touchscreen of Asus Slate ep121
    Description: Touching (with a finger) once the screen making it imposible to navigate within nautilus, even with a conventional mouse. (became alreadya problem after upgrading from 11.10 to 12.04). The sidebar still works, but I can't navigate by double-clicking on the "big" Icons in the main-panel.
    Reported by: deadland
    Responsible: to be defined

Bug: 1041935 - Simulated Secondary Click does not work
    Description: I have activated the "Simulated Secondary Click" in System Settings -> Universal Acces, but it does not work with any input device (1) convential mouse (2) egalax touchscreen (3) wacom ISDv4 90 Pen.

Bug: to be reported
    Description: No Multitouch

Wacom
    Bug: 1037657 - Asus B121 integrated wacom tablet not recognized
    Description: The eraser is not recognized, nor it produces a mouse right-click when pressed.
    Reported by: gianlucadv
    Responsible: gianlucadv

Bug: 1041927 - cannot calibrate Wacom ISDv4 90 Pen
    Description: When I click the "Calibrate..."-Button in System Settings-> Wacom Graphics Tablet nothing happens.

Video

Bug: 1041894 - compiz crashed with SIGSEGV
    Description: Compiz crashs frequently (same as in 12.04)

Audio

Bluetooth
    Bug: 1041923 - Cannot enable bluetooth on Asus Slate ep121
    Description: If I right-click on the bluetooth-applet an hit "Turn on Bluetooth" the applet indicates "Bluetooth: On" but when I open "Bluetooth setting ..." it indicates that bluetooth ist "off" and I cannot link it with any bluetooth device.

Wlan
    Bug: to be reported
    Description: Disconnects frequently.

Onboard (Software)

Bug: 905636 - firefox awesome-bar and search popup swallow key strokes
    Description: For example when entering a term in the Firefox search box, a list of suggestions pops up and then when you click a letter on Onboard it only gets the focus, and the search box suggestions list disappears, but the letter does not get entered... you have to click it again!

Additional Links:
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=715480
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/onboard/+bug/900196

Bug: 1041925 - onboard do not appear on login
    Description: When I try to log in the onscreen keyboard (onboard) does not appear automatically. I have to click on the "universal access" button and uncheck onscreen keyboad and than check it again.
    Last edited by deadland; August 27th, 2012 at 09:13 PM.