Apologies if this has been asked lots of times before but I have had a search through old posts and my head is whirling. My computer was set up for me by a friend. It is version unbunto 10:04 > I have been using my ipod classic on Rhythmbox for the last three months then when I was transferring music from my library onto my ipod yesterday the ipod disappeared and wouldn't mount. I took it to the Apple Store and they reset the ipod to factory settings for me. the ipod worked on their macs and itunes. I bought it home and the ipod would now mount but whenever I try to transfer songs from my Rhythmbox library to my ipod I get the message

Error opening file '/media/Johanna’s iPod/iPod_Control/Music/F08/07. Cuyenda Ndi Jesu.mp3': Read-only file system

I have no idea how to fix it. Please help me. I now have one song on my ipod that the apple shop put on their to prove it was working and it is AWFUL!
I am not a IT person so please, if possible, can you explain what to try in idiot speak

I tried it in Banshee to check it was not an issue with Rhythmbox but that would not put tunes onto my ipod either
Thanks